Somali woman named one of the Top 10 'Natural Hair' gurus by Essence mag

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's racist to think "natural" hair care industry and media applies only to kinky hair and that kinky texture is somehow less beautiful than curly texture.

It's racist to think "natural" hair care industry and media applies only to kinky hair and that kinky texture is somehow less beautiful than curly texture.

Its obvious this natural hair movement was started by people with kinky hair, other people can start natural hair movements but why are they in these Madow people magazine? Eventually they will understand they are part of the negroid race and they will cut all the black thing out and stuff like this will not happen

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
This is equivalent to an able bodied athlete participating in the Special Olympics. Shit is not fair at all.

S

Shamis

I'm taking that photo to the hairdressers - the cut is exquisite. Lol @Duchess

@ciddhartha The natural hair movement was about dropping the creamy crack aka chemical relaxer. It was about getting kinky hair to grow long, getting kinky hair straight without heat, getting kinky hair to curl like the girl above without part relaxing it (texturising) and so on. This girl was born with the black hair people admire and want to emulate. The natural hair movement was for girls that can't find the products for their hair, there are a lot of products for this girl's type of hair and its easy to style. I bet she just sprays her hair with leave in conditioner and gets a trim every few months. Hardly an achievement and the movement will find her advice totally useless.

Duchess

VIP

@ciddhartha The natural hair movement was about dropping the creamy crack aka chemical relaxer. It was about getting kinky hair to grow long, getting kinky hair straight without heat, getting kinky hair to curl like the girl above without part relaxing it (texturising) and so on. This girl was born with the black hair people admire and want to emulate. The natural hair movement was for girls that can't find the products for their hair, there are a lot of products for this girl's type of hair and its easy to style. I bet she just sprays her hair with leave in conditioner and gets a trim every few months. Hardly an achievement and the movement will find her advice totally useless.

Exactly! Zeinab has different hair texture and her advice won't work for 80% of the people in the 'Natural Hair' movement. @ciddhartha just likes to take the opposite position of me, even if I'm right.

Apollo

VIP
Not all African Americans are extremely Negroid with super kinky hair. AAs are 20% European and in some areas like the Western USA they average at 30%. Some of them have the Somali hair type. Perhaps she can be an inspiration to those.

B

bilan M

Omg this shld of been me. I knw everythimg there is to knw abt hair. I got in to it years ago i alwats used tell girls to stop relaxing their hair. Told them how ti take care of their Hair. i used to make mt own shampoo. ahax..i m so jealoys if only i had raaganiimo to think setting u a utube account. Good 4 her antway.

Duchess

VIP
Not all African Americans are extremely Negroid with super kinky hair. AAs are 20% European and in some areas like the Western USA they average at 30%. Some of them have the Somali hair type. Perhaps she can be an inspiration to those.

They associate light-skinned/mixed race blacks with Zeinab's hair type.

images

Her hair is a 3a/3b. I guess I can claim to be part of the Natural Hair movement because I use organic hair products and don't use heat on my hair. If that's all it takes, what then is stopping a Indian or White woman from being part of the movement?:lebronwtf:

S

Shamis

Exactly! Zeinab has different hair texture and her advice won't work for 80% of the people in the 'Natural Hair' movement. @ciddhartha just likes to take the opposite position of me, even if I'm right.

I can't give out the advice for free: no hair brushes only large toothed combs, carry conditioning spray, braid loosely, cover hair at bedtime, don't use heat, use moroccan oil/avoid butters, don't comb hair when dry and use lots of conditioner when combing with the big comb - basic stuff hooyo did when were little.

Amun - only an areebo would not know how to style her own natural hair unless she was addicted to relaxer from a young age.

I can't give out the advice for free: no hair brushes only large toothed combs, carry conditioning spray, braid loosely, cover hair at bedtime, don't use heat, use moroccan oil/avoid butters, don't comb hair when dry and use lots of conditioner when combing with the big comb - basic stuff hooyo did when were little.

Amun - only an areebo would not know how to style her own natural hair unless she was addicted to relaxer from a young age.

You are a star:yousmart:excellent information.

I know thanks walaal. @Duchess is just a closet racist (harbors racialized negative opinions) to suggest that this chicks hair is somehow better than kinky texture. "An able bodied athlete competing in the Special Olympics" smh

S

Shamis

I see - but did you have explain what a closet racist was? lol

@Duchess are you dark skinned with timo hindi like Cabdullahi Yusuf?

Status
Not open for further replies.