Somali Teacher goes in on Hooyos for their "double standards" in raising their children

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cumar

Ilaahay Gargaaryeey Gabiley Qurux Badanaa
VIP

She is parroting the usual feminist rhetoric that, "Somali hooyo’s love their sons but raise their daughters".

What do y'all think? Personally I think it is a load of BS. :manny:

She’s absolutely right in my opinion. Clearly there’s something wrong in our community and we need to address it instead of the usual “feminists heblaayo” crap.

Somali youth or educational conferences normally consist of suugo science, blame game and gender wars . No one ever does research , comes with facts or proposes solutions . The xalimo in the video is a classic example . She is a professional bringing twitter points to a debate .

What a load of tripe. It’s this pro-feminist gyro-centric model that enables Somali women - and women in general - to perform better than their male counterparts. Nothing new to see here, just another typical Somali event get together that barely addresses or identifies the real issues facing our community, focusing on the symptons rather than the cause, singing a kumbaya song by preaching well intentioned - but useless - antics and calling it a day while achieving nothing in the end.

Cumar

VIP
What a load of tripe. It’s this pro-feminist gyro-centric model that enables Somali women - and women in general - to perform better than their male counterparts. Nothing new to see here, just another typical Somali event get together that barely addresses or identifies the real issues facing our community, focusing on the symptons rather than the cause, singing a kumbaya song by preaching well intentioned - but useless - antics and calling it day while achieving nothing in the end.

Well said Bro :qri8gs7:

Cumar

VIP
She’s absolutely right in my opinion. Clearly there’s something wrong in our community and we need to address it instead of the usual “feminists heblaayo” crap.

I never heard of Somali girls being treated worse by their mothers just because they are girls.

Seems like fake news to me.:manny:
If anything our girls have a lot of freedom compared with other Muslim communities.:drakekidding:

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー
As a successful Somali man, this has done nothing but bless me. As more Faraxs fail, I shall look better and better. :siilaanyolaugh::siilaanyolaugh:

I never heard of Somali girls being treated worse by their mothers just because they are girls.

Seems like fake news to me.:manny:
If anything our girls have a lot of freedom compared with other Muslim communities.:drakekidding:

And you would know that because your a woman? :comeon: And comparing us to Arabs and Desis culture is pretty low tier standards lmao

Cumar

VIP
And you would know that because your a woman? :comeon: And comparing us to Arabs and Desis culture is pretty low tier standards lmao

Tell me your experience then, am I mistaken? Are girls really treated worse just for being girls.

Keep in mind I am talking strictly about Somali families in the west.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP

She is parroting the usual feminist rhetoric that, "Somali hooyo’s love their sons but raise their daughters".

What do y'all think? Personally I think it is a load of BS. :manny:
It's not BS a lot of Somali families baby their sons too much

Abkaal

Mudug menaces don't mince their words
Every community other than Cadaans do this. Why is it a problem now? Seems like Somali feminists are catching up late:ulyin:

It's not BS a lot of Somali families baby their sons too much

Think saxib, this phenomenon of women competing with and outperforming males is not unique to the Somali community but can be observed throughout the west. Women are getting educated now in greater numbers than men, female graduates are consistently in the majority now and this has inevitably lead to an increase of female participation in the workforce phasing men out. Saying that Somali men are being babied by their mothers is the cause of their failure to adjust to and assimilate to the workforce in their respective countries - when all men across the board are struggling to get a foot in the door - is just not going to cut it anymore.

Last edited:
Well baby codling is an issue. Also how is this feminist to you guys? Am I missing something:what1: I don’t know if that’s the reason boys a joining gangs though..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts