Somali Street Food Business in London!

MadMullah99

Boqor of Boqors. The man your wife fantasises of.
Just saw this video, I love the cooperation between the couple (yes I am assuming)

Contrary to useless belief, this is how the majority of Somalis operate in the UK. Either studying or working.

Location: Bricklane Street Food Market, I bet nobody is getting there before me!

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
Looks great but I wonder what the margins are in these types of businesses.

Indhoyar make it work by using gutter oil and leftover meat and cadaans pull it off by overpricing everything.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
ooooops I made a bad uturn….this is the fattis thread oooops sorry

Mckenzie

We star in movies NASA pay to watch
VIP
Looks great but I wonder what the margins are in these types of businesses.

Indhoyar make it work by using gutter oil and leftover meat and cadaans pull it off by overpricing everything.

Not great as street food is usually in the Lunch hour period where ppl want food made in under 2 minutes.

They would make better margins if they set up a shop as stores in Bricklane are open till 3am and there are countless foodies and hipsters there willing to try new food.

Somalis don't know how to cook meat. They just char it till rubber + few spices.

They need to take a few lesson from their Arab cousins.

MadMullah99

Somalis don't know how to cook meat. They just char it till rubber + few spices.

They need to take a few lesson from their Arab cousins.
Arabs are not our “cousins” and just because you had trash Somali food doesn't mean we do.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
Not great as street food is usually in the Lunch hour period where ppl want food made in under 2 minutes.

They would make better margins if they set up a shop as stores in Bricklane are open till 3am and there are countless foodies and hipsters there willing to try new food.

Maybe they should cut out the expensive ingredients (I. E. Meat) and sell to vegetarians at a premium.

Also only open up during the highest demand periods and do some other work in the meantime.

Why do people torture themselves by going in the food business...

MadMullah99

Maybe they should cut out the expensive ingredients (I. E. Meat) and sell to vegetarians at a premium.

Also only open up during the highest demand periods and do some other work in the meantime.

Why do people torture themselves by going in the food business...
You guys are assuming a lot of things and it is shows the lack of business acumen you guys possess.

You have not seen their business statements, the kind of traffic they get in the stall or even their prices. Nobody is “torturing“ themselves believe me.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
You guys are assuming a lot of things and it is shows the lack of business acumen you guys possess.

You have not seen their business statements, the kind of traffic they get in the stall or even their prices. Nobody is “torturing“ themselves believe me.

Jaja I don't need to see their books or the location to know that foodstalls is a hard business.

NotMyL

"You are your best thing"
VIP
Is street food culture even a thing in London? When I was there couple of years ago there wasn’t many options.

Trending

Latest posts