Somali Stories

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been reading about this Saab character and I've never heard of this person growing up and I've heard all of the stories about Somali tribes.

My understanding based on the stories I've grown up hearing is that Rahanwayne is Samaale as well. Rahanwayne as the name denotes are a confederation (with Rahan being the same as like a jamac of people) and because they are not a true tribe but a confederation and amalgamation of various samaale tribes they've been somewhat looked down upon.

Yibre are also not Hebrews but descendants of a man who challenged a Muslim sheikh and died which is why they shake a stick to this day on the birth of a child for money for their slain ancestor.

Also has anyone heard of the tree on the moon with everyone having a leaf that when it shrivels and falls you die?

Has anyone else heard these stories?

There was also a story of the Chadian President coming to the Somali region of Kenya way back and saying that his people the Toubou(Qorane) are descendants of the Garre Quranyow. I think they also carry the T-Dna (don't anything about how that works). @Apollo

Last edited:
There was also a story of the Chadian President coming to the Somali region of Kenya way back and saying that his people the Toubou(Qorane) are descendants of the Garre Quranyow. I think they also carry the T-Dna (don't anything about how that works).
I have heard this story

Cityviews

The Prodigy
Yibir are descendants of ancient Hebrews, if you don't know that you are clearly a Somali history novice.

Some people in Chad claim Garre, this is widely known.

Last edited:
Yibir are descendants of ancient Hebrews, if you don't know that you are clearly a Somali history novice.

Some people in Chad claim Garre, this is known.
I don't believe that. Has genetics proven them to be different than other Somalis?

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
I've been reading about this Saab character and I've never heard of this person growing up and I've heard all of the stories about Somali tribes.

My understanding based on the stories I've grown up hearing is that Rahanwayne is Samaale as well. Rahanwayne as the name denotes are a confederation (with Rahan being the same as like a jamac of people) and because they are not a true tribe but a confederation and amalgamation of various samaale tribes they've been somewhat looked down upon.

Yibre are also not Hebrews but descendants of a man who challenged a Muslim sheikh and died which is why they shake a stick to this day on the birth of a child for money for their slain ancestor.

Also has anyone heard of the tree on the moon with everyone having a leaf that when it shrivels and falls you die?

Has anyone else heard these stories?
Rahanwayn are Saabe. Saabe is the older brother of Samaale, both sons of Hiil. Samaale has nine sons(Sagaalka Samaale) while Saabe has one son.

Rahanwayn are Saabe. Saabe is the older brother of Samaale, both sons of Hiil. Samaale has nine sons(Sagaalka Samaale) while Saabe has one son.
Yes that what i'm hearing now but I've literally never heard of either Saab or Hiil offline. This is news to me. I havent asked my uncle who knows a lot about Somali history yet though. Have you heard about them from your parents or did you learn of this online?

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
Yes that what i'm hearing now but I've literally never heard of either Saab or Hiil offline.

Most Somalis just focus on the immediate sub clan but the Samaale and Saabe story is well known one in Somalia. Its the equivalent of Ismail and Ishaq for us

A_A

Islamic Fanfiction Writer
They historically practiced Judaism and considered themselves Hebrew, you have your history and I have mine.
upload_2019-3-15_15-42-19.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts