OPINION Somali states stealing flags from other countries.

jeegaanstan flag is like knockoff old ghanian flag. copied the black star too.
640px-Flag_of_Ghana_%281964–1966%29.svg.png
Meh actually somaliland flag is modified version of early SNM flag that had the tawheed in the middle

Yeah it was always the same shade of sky blue color but i really still think the one who made the flag took the azuri coat with the white star and made it into the current flag we know now

STOP!

You think! Just make some effort to research before making claims. It has always been based off UN colour.

There’s also nothing wrong with taking inspiration with another countries flag. Look at the many Arab flags. But this is not it.

STOP!

You think! Just make some effort to research before making claims. It has always been based off UN colour.

There’s also nothing wrong with taking inspiration with another countries flag. Look at the many Arab flags. But this is not it.
Well I don't think it's coincidence the flag resembles the italian colony coat of arms with leopard in the middle of it :manny:

Well I don't think it's coincidence the flag resembles the italian colony coat of arms with leopard in the middle of it :manny:

Coincidence does not a connection make. Let’s talk history, books, video evidence of the creator saying he founded off Italian coat of arms.

This is why Somalis will forever be in the Stone Age.

Som

VIP
Yes it is a coincidence.
The leopard on the coat of arms was inspired by the italian colony coat of arms but just because it's an animal that represents the country.
The flag though was created by Awale and he explicitly said that the light blue was in honour of the UN and also the sky/sea in Somalia.
The star is the 5 somali territories

Som

VIP
Coincidence does not a connection make. Let’s talk history, books, video evidence of the creator saying he founded off Italian coat of arms.

This is why Somalis will forever be in the Stone Age.
People are crazy now a days. There's literally videos of the guy who nade the flag talking about the meaning.
If it was because of italians he would have said so since Somalis had no problems with italy after independence and I'm pretty sure somalis would have boasted about it.
Even the italian un administration congratulated Somalis when fhe flag was raised for the first time by saying it represents the beautiful sky of Somalia.

We need to redesign our flag, I like somalia flag but because our history affected us civil war etc this is a good opportunity to make our flag interesting.
aaaa.jpg
k9f.png
lll.png

Last edited:
People are crazy now a days. There's literally videos of the guy who nade the flag talking about the meaning.
If it was because of italians he would have said so since Somalis had no problems with italy after independence and I'm pretty sure somalis would have boasted about it.
Even the italian un administration congratulated Somalis when fhe flag was raised for the first time by saying it represents the beautiful sky of Somalia.

Somalis and maybe white rednecks are the only people proud of anti intellectualism.

Just like white rednecks would rather trust conspiracy theories from Facebook instead of evidence based science and medicine. Somalis would rather listen to so and so said than opening up a book or doing the research for their own selves.

Both groups are very vulnerable to propaganda, whilst ironically cynical about factual evidence.

Man straightly copied from the italian colony coat of arms let's not kid ourselves please :drakekidding:

Som

VIP
Man straightly copied from the italian colony coat of arms let's not kid ourselves please :drakekidding:
Dude the guy who designed the flag explained the meaning multiple times.
Not even the italians claim that the flag was copied. This is litteraly a BS meme that started here on somali spot.

Helios

Certified Liin Distributor
AQOONYAHAN
VIP
These people have brain damage if they're trying to say it's not a knockoff
1622992308364.png

It doesn't f*cking matter what Awale said it means I can remove the colour from America's flag make it black & white then say I was inspired by a barcode. The Haramcad and white star are Italian in origin.
:mjlol: