Somali Speaking Somali

Status
Not open for further replies.

If he puts in effort and/ visits another time for a bit longer he will probably be perfect but seems like he may have been impacted by negative comments from Somali people.

Good comment:

Asc. STOP saying af-Soomaaligada wuu xun yahay. Those negative thoughts will hinder your learning. You gotta have something motivating you to WANT to be better. I was in your situation before but Alhamdulilah I got better. There are somali language learning methods that you can use. Read the Somali news on Hiiraan.com out loud to someone who knows the language. Listen to more Somali videos mostly news broadcasts.

TooMacaan

VIP
Random but, I like his curlfro xD

As to the point of this thread tho: It's so sad how some ppl automatically resort to insults, instead of just providing constructive criticism. That kind of feedback can be so discouraging to someone who's starting out & already insecure about their abilities. The thing is, I don't even think those ppl who give negative comments necessarily do it to be cruel...but they just don't take a moment to reflect & see how what they say could impact others.

My Somali is so bad that my old aunt prefers to speak English with me even though her English isnt so great and she doesnt live in an English speaking country. My Somali probably sounds retarded.:meleshame:

A trip back to the motherland is needed to improve my language before it's too late. :mjcry:

Does he have PayPal ? I am willing to be his teacher .#Streets gotta eat .

Ps. He should have little difficult as his Somali is already decent and he has managed to learn 3 other languages . He needs to speak with a fluent xalimo on the phone at night .

If he puts in effort and/ visits another time for a bit longer he will probably be perfect but seems like he may have been impacted by negative comments from Somali people.

Good comment:

Haha no, i dont mind the negative comments its not going to stop me from improving my mother tongue, also thanks for the nice comments :) inshallah i will try to visit somalia when i have the time for at least 2 months

Does he have PayPal ? I am willing to be his teacher .#Streets gotta eat .

Ps. He should have little difficult as his Somali is already decent and he has managed to learn 3 other languages . He needs to speak with a fluent xalimo on the phone at night .

Ah so you will pay me to teach me thanks i dont think i can refuse such an offer lol yh i can speak okayish but im working on the grammar and learning more vocab

Uff, ka carar. His words have a double meaning. He's probably a closet gay...:uCkf6mf:

Also, your Somali is pretty good! Just need a bit more practice. Can you write in Somali?

No i can't, i only had 1 month of somali class when i was little but i can only read now

I can try to write but it might not make sense haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending