Somali singer cherrie identity crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.
she definitely represent the views of most somali diaspora, we are mostly lost people
on another note she is a spitting image of her mother mashallah

swedish is a national identity not an ethnic one like somali
No im from sweden. Swedish dont somalis born in swefen as real swedish. You can be swedish citizent. You are legally swedish. But most swedes wont see you as real swedish. If somalia give foreigners passport and let them live there. You think somalis would accept them as somalis

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
@Gooney112 warya just cause you lost your citizenship cause of your criminal record. Doesn’t mean you have the right to give everyone the evil eye.

Smh. U should have been deported with all those premium snapchats u had

Last edited:
@Gooney112 warya just cause you lost your citizenship cause of your criminal record. Doesn’t mean you have the right to give everyone the evil eye.

Smh. I should have been deported with all those premium snapchats u had
Jack my culturally AA brother. There is no black swedish. If I say close your eyes and think of swedish people. You are not gonna think of black people. Even if she is born there she gets to asked where she is from all the time. Swees dont ask that to other swedes

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I think you're reaching. She never once admitted to being ethnically Swedish. She merely stated the obvious, that when a Somali born or raised in the diaspora goes back home that there is some foreign strain in them which they picked up in the environment they grew up in (in her case Sweden), which sets them apart from the locals in Somalia. And trust me the people notice, even when you're clothed like everyone else and even if you have a perfect Somali accent, they will pick up that you walk different and there are certain peculiarities that let them know you weren't brought up there.

She doesn't have an identity crisis but a bicultural dilemma.

Muji

VIP
I don’t see myself as a Somali culturally as I am well spoken, employed and with two degrees.

The most successful Somalis have one thing in common, Iman, Mo Farah, Sabrina Dhowre all cut off the Somali community

Ilhan Omar has refused to do so as she needs the votes but will soon come to regret it

4head

The one and only 4head
VIP
I understand her.
I'd like to identify as a somali but islam is a huge contributor to the Somali culture so i can't be a real somali without islam.
So, i just identify myself as a guy from the Horn of Africa.

I understand her.
I'd like to identify as a somali but islam is a huge contributor to the Somali culture so i can't be a real somali without islam.
So, i just identify myself as a guy from the Horn of Africa.
Hi so where are you from?
Im from the horn of Africa.
Oh where is that?
Its on the horn of africa
Ok i see

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending