Somali romance dies after 35

Sometimes I think there’s just a genetic component for Somalis being like this, call me a coon all you want but you guys are quick to point out the faults of Afro Americans (valid or not) and choose to shy away at the faults of Somalis rooted in the culture, I just don’t think we’re all that much different from them……

somali men are 99% homo romantic. They kiss and hug their male friends and go on group dates with them. A little less are homosexual and there’s a large overlap between the two groups.

60% of Arabs are homosexual. They’re much less homoromantic than Somali men.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
You sound like you've been burnt lool. Romantic love isn't gaal like at all, as long as it is in the confines of marriage. We have enough examples of romantic love in Islamic traditions. A marriage cannot be sustained with just love, likewise a happy marriage cannot be sustained with no love. Moderation is key.

Wow. Bitter, annoyed @Angelina has spoken the truth! It seems life has beaten u to wisdom. Mashalaaah

If you want to keep romance alive, you can’t be available all the time. It’s good having business interests in other countries so your not home all the time. People get complacent because they see other everyday.

You sound like you've been burnt lool. Romantic love isn't gaal like at all, as long as it is in the confines of marriage. We have enough examples of romantic love in Islamic traditions. A marriage cannot be sustained with just love, likewise a happy marriage cannot be sustained with no love. Moderation is key.
I personally see love as a bonus. Gaals don't take factors like compatibility, shared values, political or otherwise, and self sacrifice (putting the family unit and the children first) into consideration alot of the time. Their attitute seems to be "why bother with that mundane, unglamorize shit. Love conquers all" lol
A functional, albeit love-less, marriage isn't the worst thing in the world :manny:

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
I personally see love as a bonus. Gaals don't take factors like compatibility, shared values, political or otherwise, and self sacrifice (putting the family unit and the children first) into consideration alot of the time. Their attitute seems to be "why bother with that mundane, unglamorize shit. Love conquers all" lol
A functional, albeit love-less, marriage isn't the worst thing in the world :manny:

What is "Love" in your definition? And please don't use my definition.

"

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust"​

What is "Love" in your definition? And please don't use my definition.

"

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust"​

There's technically like 5 or 6 different types of "love", so it depends which one you're referring to. I personally think that romantic love or "Pragma" is just a cocktail of hormones your brain released so you stick around long enough until the children can fend for themselves lol

Why do you think most couples get divorced around the 7 to 12year mark?

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
There's technically like 5 or 6 different types of "love", so it depends which one you're referring to. I personally think that romantic love or "Pragma" is just a cocktail of hormones your brain released so you stick around long enough until the children can fend for themselves lol

Why do you think most couples get divorced around the 7 to 12year mark?

LOL So i take it u r not impressed by Pragma Love but what other Love are you impressed with?

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
It's not that I'm not impressed by it, it's just that I value other aspects of a relationship more.

hhhmmm u seem vague and a trickster. Its likely u do value Pragma very well, but that your history of it is very bad. Now the question is: Why very bad? Is it because of your questionable mental illness? A small penis? Fatness? Bisexual? Who knows. I am just bummed out that i can't figure it out. But at the same time, I ask myself- why am i so nosey? Its tragic

Last edited:
I think this is another reason why divorce rates are high in the community. A marriage will end if a couple stops putting in effort. I don’t like coming for our women, but I noticed many somali women neglect their husbands physical needs when children come into the picture. And vice versa. You still have to be a wife and not just a mother. This also applies to the men.

Lmao our parents generation was the very definition of wham bam thank you ma'am. I dont think I've ever seen a single display of PDA from my parents. Maybe that explains alot...

I remember how seeing my Hooyo and Abo holding hands once really melted my heart as a boy. I agree we need to be more in love. I even vividly remember one night my parents were downstairs together talking late into the night and laughing. Then they started coming up the stairs together - my mom telling abo to hush and not wake the kids. It kind of confused me at first since we wouldn't have been upset had we been awakened by our father. Next thing I heard was their bedroom door being firmly shut closed and the bed rocking and moans that sounded like my mom was getting her blood drained out of her body - I was really worried. I felt extremely embarrassed that my parents were engaging in that wicked extraterrestrial activity humans call sex. But then again, it kind of felt good knowing my parents were still keeping their intimacy alive.
I know the realisation they was doing the dance with no pants hit you randomly in the last lesson at school or something. You be daydreaming and bam it hits you.

King Khufu

Dignified Gentlemen
Just be happy and live on. Romance has it's times, save it for a special occasion. That will spice things up! I know how to keep my woman happy so I know what it takes, yessir.

Trending

Latest posts