Somali pirates before the 20th 21th century

Som

VIP
This post is related to the previous one i made. Do you have any sources about somali pirates before the 21-20th centuries?. I read that Peryplus of the eritrean sea mentioned pirates in the gulf of aden and red sea but it seems the were nabatean arabs.
I'm also interested in piracy in middle ages or in the 16th,-17th-18th-19th centuries. I know that european pirates had crews operating in madagascar and south east africa , is it possible that somalis joined them or engaged in piracy in that time period?
Thanks.

To my knowledge, the main region that was rife with piracy was North Africa prior to the 19th Century. The Berber/"Barbary" Pirates & Corsairs mainly operated in the Mediterranean Sea.

Piracy in the Indian Ocean was likely mostly done by the Portuguese.

kurobecky08

Taxation is theft
To my knowledge, the main region that was rife with piracy was North Africa prior to the 19th Century. The Berber/"Barbary" Pirates & Corsairs mainly operated in the Mediterranean Sea.

Christian Slaves, Muslim Masters: White Slavery in the Mediterranean, the Barbary Coast and Italy, 1500–1800, Ohio State University history professor Robert Davis states that most modern historians minimize the white slave trade. Davis estimates that slave traders from Tunis, Algiers, and Tripoli alone enslaved 1 million to 1.25 million Europeans in North Africa, from the beginning of the 16th century to the middle of the 18th (these numbers do not include the European people who were enslaved by Morocco and by other raiders and traders of the Mediterranean Sea coast). White folks cant accept this big L the Amazigh handed them. Bougie Sand Negro pride!!!!! Cortez did that shit to the natives cause we gave them Post Traumatic Slave Syndrome

Octavian

Hmm
VIP

those berbers used raid as far north as a the english channel and iceland wallahi waa rageedi :salute:

kurobecky08

Taxation is theft
Berbers actually brought unity to white and black people by being so uppity that their combined annoyance and shared oppression united to very different people .My grandma still our traditions of being violent religious African nazis in Atlanta. They were kicked out of Africa, Europe , Africa again, Atlanta before nesting into Chicongo. Had to shot a lot black people and dirty whites off our block.

Trending

Latest posts