Somali Physicists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genie

The last suugo bender
To those who are stating above that they had interest in other fields but decided to pursue another for a degree. Just do what i'm doing , make it a hobby and teach yourself , self teaching is nothing knew and is by far the most effective way of *understanding* what it is you're reading. Whereas in school its directed learning. If it gets to hard or tricky get an online tutor if not keep teaching yourself.

quote-only-in-mathematics-and-physics-was-i-through-self-study-far-beyond-the-school-curriculum-albert-einstein-61-69-68.jpg

quote-self-study-in-a-sense-of-learning-by-yourself-without-anybody-teaching-you-anything-robert-kraft-70-65-45.jpg

Last edited:

maestro

Cultural revolution
Pure physics is punishing. best of luck my g. We need our Einsteins making breakthroughs and changing the world forever. The only reason we have 2017 Tech and not living like our great grandparents is because of the work put in by physicists.

I'm looking for something more easy like biotech or nanotech or both if possible. Something as big as Quantum/Particle/Astro Physics will take too much of my years since they require full dedication but the end rewards are most definitely worth it 100%

maestro

Cultural revolution
Some people keep saying to leave your interest behind for something more "employable" but employment isn't a guarantee anymore.

Besides you will lose your "employable" job most likely to robots in a few years so why not just pursue your dreams :manny:

I'm not sure tho. Let's see if I made the right choice when I graduate in mid 2019 :wowsweat:

@Mokillem

The thing is that most Somalis are not interested in pursuing higher knowledge (Academia) and going all the way to masters/Phd level.

You see Faaraxs get into Engineering/Business/Computer science and leave it at a Bachelors level and go to pursue a Career. Not saying that it is a bad thing its just the way it it.

Pure Mathematics, Statistics, Physics are all fields that require a minimum of a Masters degree with Physics branching off to many topics of study such as particle physics, Electromagnetism, Theory of Relativity etc..

I'm not sure what the market holds for a physics degree major but I presume its gonna be researched based at a lab or if you combined your degree with Mathematics or Statistics you can work for certain companies.
The lack of Somalis in such fields just stagnates Somalis as a whole.A breakthrough in physics impacts all scientific studies.

GodKnowsBest

Somaliweyn Unionist
After finishing up my biology degree requirements for physics I'm madly in love with the subject wallahi.

I want to minor in it now but I learned minoring in subjects is useless. Is it worth it to minor in physics?

After finishing up my biology degree requirements for physics I'm madly in love with the subject wallahi.

I want to minor in it now but I learned minoring in subjects is useless. Is it worth it to minor in physics?
A minor in physics will simply lead you to a major in physics.In my opinion doing any physics degree is always worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts