Somali Myths????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright ya'll. What myths did your parents tell you growing up!
I need some examples for a video I'm making!
What have you heard!

Here are mine:

1.) Don't look in the mirror after 3am / don't let babies look in a mirror/ mirrors = bad
2.) Don't breath in when passing a graveyard
3.) Many Jinn stories ending in someone getting slapped lol
4.) Taking pictures are bad/ it steals your soul *
5.) This weird picture of a girl who threw the Quran or something and she mutated into like some weird looking long animalistic creature ROFL

Masaasbaa

Meticulously calculated...........
I must say am disappointed, when i so the title i expected something like ''we are descendants of carab'' :chrisfreshhah:
cant have it my way it seems :kanyeshrug:

Baraf

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
Are these really Somali myths? When you said Somali myth i thought u were going to talk about Somali superstition or legend. Please don't do the last one. Parents and macalin would harass me with that misiwar, He gave every one of us a flier to take home. They told me I'd turn into a naked rat lady if I didn't listen. :stressed: I don't really mean it but:mjcry: don't bring that trend back

Last edited:
Do one on Dhegdheer. Maybe i can finally hear the full story, and not just the scary parts my mom use to tell me to scare us.

Sixth

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Are these really Somali myths? When you said Somali myth i thought u were going to talk about Somali superstition or legend. Please don't do the last one. Parents and macalin would harass me with that misiwar, He gave every one of us a flier to take home. They told me I'd turn into a naked rat lady if I didn't listen. :stressed: I don't really mean it but:mjcry: don't bring that trend back
:damn: Handing out flyers? Savage macalin. There was a kid at my duqsi who start bawling if you mentioned the creature.
I took him like two - four years to actually recover.

Sixth

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Do one on Dhegdheer. Maybe i can finally hear the full story, and not just the scary parts my mom use to tell me to scare us.
I always thought of Dhegdeer as a Somali version of 'Hansel and Gretel'.

There's a thing about opening windows at night? Idk, mine are always open lmao.
Something about Jinns getting in through the window.

I always thought of Dhegdeer as a Somali version of 'Hansel and Gretel'.

There's a thing about opening windows at night? Idk, mine are always open lmao.
Something about Jinns getting in through the window.

Jinn stories were the worst!!!

Sixth

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
There was one of a girl being pulled out the window by her hair or something by shaytan and her parents found her miles away?

RedStar

The Bad Ali of Jigjiga
VIP
The myth that if you become disobedient, Niddar would take you away :angryman:

I didn't even know how Niddar looked like but I would tremble at the bare mention of his name :mjcry:

The Qoris Ismaris(stick rubber?) myth where a Somali cannibal transforms into a blood thirsty hyena after rubbing a magic stick on himself. It's kinda like a ware wolf.

Hemaal

Jet life till my next life
VIP
Is that what yo next video will be about?
This girl has the same brains of the chicken I just had for dinner

Status
Not open for further replies.