Somali music was very liberal back in the day

Status
Not open for further replies.
My uncle showed me this song today. He was dancing to it like he was at a disco party :icon lol:

Imagine if Somali singers did this today :mjlol:

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
Is this considered old school?

I remember seeing this in high school and falling in love with the instrumental and the lady's voice. Until that cadaan woman tried to ruin this song for me.

I find it cute how he jumps up and down when she's singing.

Is this considered old school?

I remember seeing this in high school and falling in love with the instrumental and the lady's voice. Until that cadaan woman tried to ruin this song for me.

I find it cute how he jumps up and down when she's singing.

Pretty much everything pre-2000 (especially pre-91) is old school now imo

EternalLightX

Queen of the light
VIP
Take us back :ahh:
Nope we will never go back it's only gonna get worse everything will be taboo to the point we are just living for nothing :(, sadly women and men dancing freely and singing happy songs is a thing of the past. I was born in the wrong generation

EternalLightX

Queen of the light
VIP
Somalia in general was more liberal and better in the past :frdfvsb:
Thanks to Saudi payed shiekhs we get more pressures to cover up women, ban all social interactions between men and women which by the way has caused a growing rise in homosexuality within the Arabian peninsula, it is unnatural and cruel to obstruct lives pleasures from the public. In a hundred years all traditional Somali cultural music and dhaanto in weddings will be banned, that is how bad this totalitarian theocratic institution is.

YoungFarah

:)
VIP
Thanks to Saudi payed shiekhs we get more pressures to cover up women, ban all social interactions between men and women which by the way has caused a growing rise in homosexuality within the Arabian peninsula, it is unnatural and cruel to obstruct lives pleasures from the public. In a hundred years all traditional Somali cultural music and dhaanto in weddings will be banned, that is how bad this totalitarian theocratic institution is.
I think our generation will be more liberal than 30-50 year olds. Children born now and the diaspora are way more liberal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts