Somali Museum in a Box

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Museum in a Box is a themed collection of objects – 3D prints, postcards, documents, maps and the like, anything you can pick up and touch – that arrives at your door in a nice package, ready to amaze, educate and entertain.

The Box also includes content (audio, video, images, 3D, web) that plays for you as you interact with each object. We’re using unique RFID stickers on each object and a chip reader on the ‘Brain’.

Each Box also contains a Brain that knows what the Box contains. Boxes come pre-loaded with content like object descriptions, mood-setting contextual media like music from the same period, or even documentary video

Example of a box done about Somali culture/history:
C_uHHcLWsAAZJu1.jpg

One of the main target audiences for these boxes is children, I can imagine this would be a good hands-on experience for them.

Do you know the names of the objects? What would you have added?

Last edited by a moderator:

Simodi

Chilling in Quljeed

Example of a box done about Somali culture/history:
View attachment 19837

What would you have added? also do you know the names of the objects?
I can see the girgiro and the head rest thing (don't know what it's called). The vase looking thing looks familiar but I don't know what it is. I'm guessing that's just a saxni next to the head rest. What is that box?

I would add dhiil. Also a hangool but it wouldn't fit. And a radio.

I can see the girgiro and the head rest thing (don't know what it's called). The vase looking thing looks familiar but I don't know what it is. I'm guessing that's just a saxni next to the head rest. What is that box?

I would add dhiil. Also a hangool but it wouldn't fit. And a radio.

The box is the "brain" it can contain music, descriptions of the items...etc.
The brain also keeps a record of which items are touched to record which one's are of more interest.
I'm going to let people keep guessing.

That sucks. It can be a good gift for a wedding. Or to young teens who don't know much about their culture.

Depending on your location, the individual items may be sold in Somali stores.

Speaking of which, I'm still waiting for people to tell me/guess the names in af-Soomaali.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts