Somali mother in Kentucky dies from a mysterious

Status
Not open for further replies.

VixR

Veritas
This is not complete hijab. You have really missed the entire point of hijab - one of the conditions is that it cannot be an adornment in and of itself. We are in a agreement that the deen is beautiful and women and men alike should dress modestly and presentably - but that picture is not hijab. Any man who is happy for his wife, mother or sister to go out like that is a dayooth.
What is that?:oh6b81q:

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
This is not complete hijab. You have really missed the entire point of hijab - one of the conditions is that it cannot be an adornment in and of itself. We are in a agreement that the deen is beautiful and women and men alike should dress modestly and presentably - but that picture is not hijab. Any man who is happy for his wife, mother or sister to go out like that is a dayooth.

It's DAYOOS:chrisfreshhah::drakelaugh:

Or just say fataaal

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
Saaxib, dayooth is the arabic term. That is where the somali word dayoos is derived from. Smh do your homework before you come for my linguistic abilities.

This is not an Arabic oriented forum. It is a Somali forum that is dominated by the Somali language and culture and a hint of those who have given us refuse. So I suggest that you stop promoting Arabs.

This is not an Arabic oriented forum. It is a Somali forum that is dominated by the Somali language and culture and a hint of those who have given us refuse. So I suggest that you stop promoting Arabs.

Saaxib, you speak in english - I suggest you stop promoting the language of your colonisers.

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
Who defines adornment? Is there a universal set criteria for what "adornment" is so that Muslim women across the world can dress the same?

Who defines adornment? Is there a universal set criteria for what "adornment" is so that Muslim women across the world can dress the same?

The awrah of a woman is everything except the face and the hands; some also say the face as well in which case women wear niqab.

The awrah of men is everything from the navel to the knees. So cool it with the tight tops/trousers and have some xishood.

Some women beautify their hijab to the point where they look more beautiful with it on than they would if they take it off. Women should not be wearing make up and perfume outside the home, that's a given.

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
The awrah of a woman is everything except the face and the hands; some also say the face as well in which case women wear niqab.

The awrah of men is everything from the navel to the knees. So cool it with the tight tops/trousers and have some xishood.

Some women beautify their hijab to the point where they look more beautiful with it on than they would if they take it off. Women should not be wearing make up and perfume outside the home, that's a given.
I didn't ask that abaayo, but you said "the xijaab shouldn't be an adornment in and of itself". Maybe in xijaz that type of abaya would look beautiful and stand out, but in turkey that would simply be seen as normal and nobody would bat an eye.

I didn't ask that abaayo, but you said "the xijaab shouldn't be an adornment in and of itself". Maybe in xijaz that type of abaya would look beautiful and stand out, but in turkey that would simply be seen as normal and nobody would bat an eye.

There is no doubt that that women in the picture wearing makeup and beautiful clothing is advertising and beautifying herself. You are going down a slippery slope with that reasoning because you could say well, if every woman walks around in a tight body-con dress, it's hardly going to turn heads because everybody is used to it.

But there is some basis for what you are saying. For example, when it comes to 'attractive colours'. Muslim women in Africa wear all sorts of colours whereas in Saudi for instance the norm is black. So a Muslimah could wear bright pink in Somalia and have nobody be attracted - in the sense that she attracts their gaze because she stands out - but in Saudi it would be wrong because she would stand out.

^this is all I can say on the matter without leading you astray. I think you should consult a real person of knowledge who is upon the Quran and Sunnah if you want to understand the ins and outs of this. Good question, though mashaAllah.

And the condition that the 'Xijaab should not be an adornment in and of itself' is explained by Sheikh al Albani. Here's the link:https://islamqa.info/en/6991

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
There is no doubt that that women in the picture wearing makeup and beautiful clothing is advertising and beautifying herself. You are going down a slippery slope with that reasoning because you could say well, if every woman walks around in a tight body-con dress, it's hardly going to turn heads because everybody is used to it.

But there is some basis for what you are saying. For example, when it comes to 'attractive colours'. Muslim women in Africa wear all sorts of colours whereas in Saudi for instance the norm is black. So a Muslimah could wear bright pink in Somalia and have nobody be attracted - in the sense that she attracts their gaze because she stands out - but in Saudi it would be wrong because she would stand out.

^this is all I can say on the matter without leading you astray. I think you should consult a real person of knowledge who is upon the Quran and Sunnah if you want to understand the ins and outs of this. Good question, though mashaAllah.

And the condition that the 'Xijaab should not be an adornment in and of itself' is explained by Sheikh al Albani. Here's the link:https://islamqa.info/en/6991
Not really talking about make up or w/e but the clothes she is wearing is simply a dark colour with a pattern. I dont understand what you mean by "beautiful" clothing... this is simply your opinion on the matter.

Im just discussing the matter in relation to fiqh, i dont really listen or take that much from salafi scholars myself anyhow. Especially ones like al-albani who reject the madhabs.

Not really talking about make up or w/e but the clothes she is wearing is simply a dark colour with a pattern. I dont understand what you mean by "beautiful" clothing... this is simply your opinion on the matter.

Im just discussing the matter in relation to fiqh, i dont really listen or take that much from salafi scholars myself anyhow. Especially ones like al-albani who reject the madhabs.

Are we talking about the same picture? She is wearing makeup, her neck is showing, her bosom is not covered etc. forget colour and patterns - that may depend on where she is in the world, but the makeup needs to come off and she needs to wear a larger khimar to cover her shoulders and chest.

If you choose not to take knowledge from 'salafis' as you put it, that it is up to you. But the conditions put forth by Al-Albaani are all supported by the Quran and sunnah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts