somali men cooking afuur

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't mind the title..... i always see my sister cooking afuur even though she doesn't ask for my help but i feel shity person when i am at home and seeing her cook all that food and not help i feel obligated the need to get in the kitchen and help her since im eating the meal too or clean up after... same thing for my wife(inshalla) so my questions is why are most somalis men think they are too good to get in the kitchen and help around? why do some of us Somali men feel masculine? some of us men need to get in the kitchen and help out our woman instead of coming home to cooked meal even if you can make it early to get to the house and help because the food it bit more during Ramadan

Last edited:

psyche

To each their own
Probably because some Somali men can't actual cook if their life depended on it.

Personally from my experience my mother generally does the cooking. I might help out from time to time but she seems to do the majority of the work.

On the off chance that my mother is unavailable or a sleep. My father would be the one responsible for taking care of the kids/ cooking the food.

I'm pretty sure this is the norm for most double income families

Last edited:
Probably some Somali men can't actual cook if their life depended on it.

Personally from my experience my mother generally does the cooking. I might help out from time to time but she seems to do the majority of the work.

On the off chance that my mother is unavailable or a sleep. My father would be the one responsible for taking care of the kids/ cooking the food.

I'm pretty sure this is the norm for most double income families
are you a female? if so how old are you

Don't mind the title..... i always see my sister cooking afuur even though she doesn't ask for my help but i feel shity person when i am at home and seeing her cook all that food and not help i feel obligated the need to get in the kitchen and help her since im eating the meal too or clean up after... same thing for my wife(inshalla) so my questions is why are most somalis men think they are too good to get in the kitchen and help around? why do some of us Somali men feel masculine? some of us men need to get in the kitchen and help out our woman instead of coming home to cooked meal even if you can make it early to get to the house and help because the food it bit more during Ramadan
The men in my family help. They didnt back home here is different. You should help your sister. Set up the plates. Help with the grocery shopping. She will I appreciate it.

SOMALIKNIGHT

Golan Heights belong to Syria
What is the difference between the homosexuals who claim to be a different sex and men who cook for his wife and children? They both assume unnatural roles. A man should only cook if he lives alone or lives with his friends. Men have become emasculated and the women are single their whole life because of this.

What is the difference between the homosexuals who claim to be a different sex and men who cook for his wife and children? They both assume unnatural roles. A man should only cook if he lives alone or lives with his friends. Men have become emasculated and the women are single their whole life because of this.

So now you are insulting the Prophet Muhammed SAW? Some of you are so ignorant it disgusts me.

Islamically, a man has to provide for his wife and that means PROVIDE. A woman does not HAVE to cook or clean, she can CHOOSE to do so.

Go learn about Islam, if you are actually a muslim.

Aisha, the wife of the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh), was asked, โ€œWhat did the Prophet (๏ทบ) use to do in his house?โ€ She replied, โ€œHe used to keep himself busy serving his family (ูƒูŽุงู†ูŽ ูŠูŽูƒููˆู†ู ูููŠ ู…ูู‡ู’ู†ูŽุฉู ุฃูŽู‡ู’ู„ูู‡ู) and when it was the time for prayer he would go for it.โ€ (Bukhari)

The word used in the hadith is Mihnah (ู…ูู‡ู’ู†ูŽุฉ), which is translated as โ€˜busy servingโ€™ here, also means in the Arabic language โ€˜workโ€™, โ€˜jobโ€™, โ€˜professionโ€™, etc. This implies helping your wife in the house is a full time job as well. Whether itโ€™s helping wash the dishes, cooking, cleaning, raising the kids, etc., is all part and parcel of being the โ€˜manโ€™ of the house. The notion that it is somehow degrading for men to help and work with the wife around the house is foreign to Islam.

In another report Aisha is reported to have said, โ€œHe did what one of you would do in his house. He mended sandals and patched garments and sewed.โ€ (Adab Al-Mufrad graded sahih by Al-Albani)

In yet another report it is said that she said, โ€œHe milked his goat.โ€ (Ahmad)

Hence, he did not find such things too โ€˜womanishโ€™ for him to do. It is no wonder that he said, โ€œThe best of you is the one who is best to his wife, and I am the best of you to my wives.โ€ (Tirmidhi; Ibn Majah)

It is summer, the kitchen is even hotter yet some of the "men" on here with their big muscles and testosterone would rather sit or sleep and watch the women slave in a hot kitchen.

To add insult to injury some of these "men" find it demeaning to clean after the meal has been devoured.

I hope no woman is cursed with a "man" who behaves in such an evil, unislamic, selfish manner.

AAMEEN.

The men in my family help. They didnt back home here is different. You should help your sister. Set up the plates. Help with the grocery shopping. She will I appreciate it.

I wish Muslim women knew that she is supposed to "help" whilst HE is supposed to find food for the family or find a cook/maid.

You are a good person, follow the Sunnah and you will get reward in this life and the hereafter. Men who follow the Sunnah have the happiest marriages, those misogynists will just end up being resented or left at some point.

Speak for yourself. I cook and my brothers were all forced to fend for ourselves. My father would never allow my mother to clean our dishes. My mother used to only cook twice a week and the rest of the days was rotation.

I'm semi pro in the kitchen. Guys who are married come to my apartment for my food.

:whoa: No homo, just cooking. I'm an alpha nacalaa.

Radical

Certified CNC expert.
Pfffffff! Cooking you say? :ohno:

I make sure to wear this everytime I enter the forbidden farax land called kitchen in order for me to protect my 100% manly masculinity
images.jpeg-16.jpg

Samaalic Era

QurboExit

What if your parents get old or are sick??
Whos gonna cook and clean after them

Taking out the trash, carrying the grocery, cleaning after her most people dont know but you creat stronger bond being in kitchen and helping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts