Somali jilbabs

Anisah The Serpent

☼ The sun is alone but it still shines ☼
Yes, we're closer to Ancient Egyptians than to Arabs, plus guntiino is truly Somali and modest enough with a hijab.
Wearing hijab and showing your arms.
giphy.gif

Guntiino is not very modest but you can wear a long sleeve shirt underneath it.

@greenvegetables are you Somali?
The idea that the guntiino is not modest is why less and less Somali women and girls are wearing it in Somalia. Its use is dying out.

Our culture is being supplanted by Arab culture, just because you dress like an Arab it doesn't make you more of a Muslim. A true Muslim's devotion comes from his/her heart.

Naa

Not Chun li
The idea that the guntiino is not modest is why less and less Somali women and girls are wearing it in Somalia. Its use is dying out.

Our culture is being supplanted by Arab culture, just because you dress like an Arab it doesn't make you more of a Muslim. A true Muslim's devotion comes from his/her heart.
You can wear cultural clothes and still follow the guidelines of hijab. A Muslim should also follow Islam by actions...

Naa

Not Chun li
Guntiino with hijab and long sleeves adheres to Islamic guidelines, stop making life hard on people!
Ok ok, nobody said it didn't. Guntiino by itself doesn't tho and that's what people mean when they say it's not modest

QueenofKings

Kick in the door wavin the .44

Yeah I’m not saying it’s bad, just that it needs some effort to make it Hijab compliant, whereas you could just throw on a jilbaab and not worry because it’s purpose made.

You can wear a gabasaar over the guntiino. It looks better that way.

Yeah but garbasars are mostly a thin/transparent fabric and don’t offer complete coverage.

Personally I would feel more secure and covered in a guntiino if I wore a long sleeve vest underneath. Though that’s not how it’s traditionally worn.

Trending