Somali Jews??????

27E4DDF4-394E-47F3-98C5-76F78FC7B0FB.jpeg

I can actually verify this because a girl I know did a dna test on 23 and one of her maternal grandmothers was 60% Ashkenazi Jewish and then the rest being yemeni, technically the girl I know would be considered as an ethnically Jewish somali cus her great grandma was jewish and jews follow lineage thru the mom, don’t ask for the dna results cus I lost contact with her

This is made-up bullshit. There are no Jews in Somalia. The Yibir are pure ethnic somali descendants of pre-islamic pagan priests and soothsayers.

If a Yibir has a Semitic haplogroup and they call themselves 'Hebrew', well that is what they are.
There are Ethiopian Jews and we know Ethiopians do not respect our borders, why wouldn't there be Jews in Somalia? Furthermore, all those Arabs migrated to Somalia, but we are supposed to believe their Yahuud cousins didn't follow them?

Why do people think it's so shocking that Somalia has a Hebrew population.

If a Yibir has a Semitic haplogroup and they call themselves 'Hebrew', well that is what they are.
There are Ethiopian Jews and we know Ethiopians do not respect our borders, why wouldn't there be Jews in Somalia? Furthermore, all those Arabs migrated to Somalia, but we are supposed to believe their Yahuud cousins didn't follow them?

Why do people think it's so shocking that Somalia has a Hebrew population.
Because Jews actually have a literary, linguistic and religious customs. They pass down religious teachings and cultural tradition through their scholars and Mishnah. You can’t just claim it, just because you want to.

p.s. Falashas or Ethiopian Jews are about as genetically related to Hebrews as Somalis are. They are highlander Cushites that converted in the middle-ages due to oppression. Not real Jews.

Garaad diinle

ξ€šξ€žξ€’ξ€œξ€  ξ€ ξ€Ÿξ€‘ξ€ξ€›
This is made-up bullshit. There are no Jews in Somalia. The Yibir are pure ethnic somali descendants of pre-islamic pagan priests and soothsayers.
He is only speaking of traders that were found only in costal towns.
I'm sure you already know that some yemens came to somalia because of the yemeni civil war, some of them are actually a second or even first generation muslim who converted to islam but there are not a whole lot of them.

In regard to yibir you'r right they are indeed somalis and if in doubt just check their genetic
resullts. The name yibir is found among the rendille our closest living relative. They are called
ibir or something i will get back to you on this one and they specialized in rituals and habar just
like our yibir whos habars are feared far and wide.

Last edited:
Yes, there are jewish people from Somalia but they are small in number. They were raised in Hargeisa and port cities to the north. A few reside in London with the orthodox jewish community but share egyptian and other jewish ancestry - they speak Somali fluently and you wouldn't be able to tell.

Trending