Somali halimo featured into famous Yt channel

Boqorada

F*ck Your Feelings
African somalis from Kenya, Uganda, South Africa etc always claim that country instead of just saying somali. You ask a somali from the west and they'll only claim somali. It's a bit weird.

African somalis from Kenya, Uganda, South Africa etc always claim that country instead of just saying somali. You ask a somali from the west and they'll only claim somali. It's a bit weird.
Truthfully they are ashamed of being Somali. They would rather claim South Africa who is killing their people or Kenya who hates them.

Ehh, it’s not a big deal if she also mentioned she’s Somali. Even though I personally would think hard about claiming countries like Kenya/SA/Ethiopia, even if I lived there

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP

Sijus being self-haters is a little exaggerated. Most, like her, will still point out that they are ethnically Somali and have no shame in it. There are some sad types but most I meet won't hide their Somali origins from you and pretend to be "Tanzanian" only. And that's kinda nonsense about western Somalis. I've met plenty who will say "I'm British" or "I'm American" but they'll of course still not deny being ethnically Geeljire. Usually anyway. You get self-haters everywhere.

The only few times I tried claiming another country it was Djibouti, but them fuckers were confused and asked me to explain what "JaBooty" was .
I gave up and told them I was from Somalia
, suddenly, their faces lit up and they were like :
aah Captain Phillips :trumpsmirk:

I was like shit here we go again :bell:

Sijus being self-haters is a little exaggerated. Most, like her, will still point out that they are ethnically Somali and have no shame in it. There are some sad types but most I meet won't hide their Somali origins from you and pretend to be "Tanzanian" only. And that's kinda nonsense about western Somalis. I've met plenty who will say "I'm British" or "I'm American" but they'll of course still not deny being ethnically Geeljire. Usually anyway. You get self-haters everywhere.

I used to know a lot of siju geeljire who used to brag about being Kenyan and the Swahili language ,they literally had the Kenyan flag everywhere, keychains, car , flag bracelet ,their home, FB page :farmajoyaab:
but they were cool people ,that was the only thing annoying about them

Based

VIP
"We were colonized by the British and we can speak english" is she talking about SL or SA??? :mjlol: talking absolute bollocks

mr steal your naag

banu hashim and shiettt
VIP
Truthfully they are ashamed of being Somali. They would rather claim South Africa who is killing their people or Kenya who hates them.
Lol i dont blame her if they asked me i would claim the netherlands.:silanyosmile:

This is me biking
giphy.gif

J-Rasta

Inactivated
VIP
Skip to 3:00
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Damn how I get to see this now ,

To answer this , I will have to expand even further to a large extent of writing or even posting a thread, but since the honourable brother has invited me to answer this question , I will write in the following as much details as possible and provide substantial answer to this topic ,which is not only pertinent for the many brothers and sisters out here on this platform that want to know the community especially within the youths and millennials.

Sxb , this is considerably normal for her generation to claim their birth country or as a naturalized citizen , since she's 21 as she stated in this video , given the context we can assume that she's among the new generation , honestly it's not even that long ago , I was a kid in the early 2000's , which was the beginning peak of Somalis arriving in South Africa at the time.
During those years there were large exodus of people arriving en masse.
And within these groups of people , many were in fact women , children not just middle aged men hustling for the daily bread temporarily , many arrived with their families, post 1998 changed the dynamics of Somali migration, hence the first communities were formed before then it was minuscule, ask yourself this question , it was a rare sight to see Somali family as it is today , it was only single men roaming around the streets , South Africa wasn't a popular destination for Somalis , only for transit purposes since the route was synonymous for tahriib via South America , but they changed
when the wars in our country intensified.
We saw families and families waiting in line crossing the border from Zimbabwe and Mozambique , making these perilous journeys due to their circumstances hence many families sought asylum here , creating the generation we get to see today , so many were born after the 2000's or arrived as infants.

I will explain the census of Somalis , but let's just dive back into this video and give you my honest insight about our sister.

To me , she seems to come from a working class family , given the fact that she was well spoken , academically articulate at her age , I could easily tell that she received a prestigious education which is somewhat of rarity for Somalis living in this country , as I've aforementioned before and on the many threads over the course of these years , there are handful of hardworking Somalis that made well over the years, their achievements are remarkable but also also astonishing,
These smaller communities live throughout the country hence it's common for most families that can afford to enroll their children at private schools , than the public schools which many of our generation went to.
Which strikes contrasts.

Remember this everyone starts from the ground up until they have the necessary means to leave their environment like the townships for a better life.

Our sister is definitely not from the townships , or was lucky enough , to relocate to the cities at an early age.

I was a bit baffled , at the start but once she mentioned some specific words that's when I concluded she's definitely from Mzansi.

I cannot pinpoint the exact cities, which would be totally infeasible since I'm not a psychic lol but she does exhibit some characteristics of the residents in Durban and Port Elizabeth , I'm talking about the urban centers where the
working class Somalis reside , they interact with many non SA business as well ,and
of course anyone would
enroll their children to private schools if they can afford, although the Somalis born in towns like Pietermaritzburg, KZN and Uitenhage, Eastern Cape sound have the average Madow accent and go to public schools.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited: