Somali Genes

If you lift with progressive overload and eat good with good amount of protein you'll build muscle 1000%. I don't know why Somalis use genetics as an excuse you can overcome any weakness with dedication and hard work.

If you lift with progressive overload and eat good with good amount of protein you'll build muscle 1000%. I don't know why Somalis use genetics as an excuse you can overcome any weakness with dedication and hard work.
because somalis don't naturally gain muscle that well. Sure anyone can get huge with putting in work, but there are def some ethinicities like Polynesians who are naturally muscular whilst Somalis are definitely on the lower end of ability to naturally gain muscle.

because somalis don't naturally gain muscle that well. Sure anyone can get huge with putting in work, but there are def some ethinicities like Polynesians who are naturally muscular whilst Somalis are definitely on the lower end of ability to naturally gain muscle.

I agree, but why should it matter? I'm not talking about our ability to build muscle but rather the mindset I've seen in many Somalis that we are not capable due to our genetics. In fact if you look at old photos of Somali men we were lean decently built men when our diets were more protein dense and less carb based as well being physically active.

This mindset is also in martial arts I do BJJ and muay thai most of my Somali boys and family say we are not made for that stuff.

It isn’t necessarily genetics either. Our food mostly consists of carbs, hence why we have little to no muscles