Somali Film "Life on the Horn" Screened at FESPACO- Africa's Biggest Film Festival

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP
"LIFE ON THE HORN"

movie.jpeg

Director: Mo Harawe

TRAILER:

FESPACO is Africa's Biggest Film Festival, it is hosted in Burkina Faso.

The 27th edition of the Pan-African Film and Television Festival of Ouagadougou (Fespaco) is under way in Burkina Faso's capital.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-58945414

_121112796_mediaitem121112795.jpg

Director Mo Harawe (he won an award in 2019)

mo harawe.jpeg

Mo Harawe was born in Mogadishu. He discovered his passion for the cinema through an art school in Somalia. Since 2009 Mo Harawe has been in Austria where his journey as a filmmaker began. He attended numerous film workshops and realized short films which have been shown at international film festivals and won awards. Besides that Mo Harawe works as a screenwriter and has written several scripts for feature films. His feature film script "To Mogadishuβ€œ which he developed at the DIVERSE GESCHICHTEN SCRIPT LAB has won the DOR FILM award at the Diagonale Film festival in 2016. In 2019 Muhamed Harawe won the BKA Startstipendium for his new feature film β€œThe village next to Paradise” that he is now developing.

Filmography:

Wait a minute (7 min) 2012

The other side (30 min) 2014

Identity (45 min) 2015

One last moment (7 min) 2016

The story of the polar bear that went to Africa (28 min) 2018
1947 (23 min) 2019
Life on the Horn (25 min) 2020

Interview with Journalist Hereri

Last edited:

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
We need a Somali Film Festival, imagine how much fun that would be.
Especially if they find a way to make it halal compliant- no musical instruments and so forth.

Mogadishu used to have two film festivals before the war.

However, many countries today organise film festivals across major world cities/cities with large diaspora population that show that nation’s most popular films.

If the Somali government gets a bit more revenue, they should definitely look at this as a way of rebuilding their reputation. I regularly go to the French Film Festival in Australia.

This captured the emotion of being in Somalia quite well. I felt quite lonely and empty when i lived there. It was vast land filled with people living in normalized sorrow.

This captured the emotion of being in Somalia quite well. I felt quite lonely and empty when i lived there. It was vast land filled with people living in normalized sorrow.
It was the best time in my life no stress at all and I felt upper class. Guess it’s because I wasn’t sent to widhwidh or Badhan like you 😭😭

Trending