Somali feminist demands men prepare Afur and to stop ABUSING women by having them in kitchen all day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarah136

Hot and cold
Instead of woman benefitting themselves in the month of Quran,they are spending hours in the kitchen. By the time the mother leaves the kitchen she is so physically exhausted only for her to go back to the kitchen and make suhoor too.

We might aswell call it the month of food since woman spend more time cooking than taking advantage of this blessed month

Human

Bellum omnium contra omnes
She has a slight point but what's the point of mentioning it now.

Plus, there are some hooyos that enjoy making food for their family and it's not like hooyos spend 9-15 hours in the kitchen making food for the family. As with any normal Somali family, everyone has rest time, spiritual time, relaxation and a time when all hooyos make food.

If she really cared about this evident problem then why doesn't she cook for her family instead of her mum. She would be doing her mum a favour.

Instead of woman benefitting themselves in the month of Quran,they are spending hours in the kitchen. By the time the mother leaves the kitchen she is so physically exhausted only for her to go back to the kitchen and make suhoor too.

We might aswell call it the month of food since woman spend more time cooking than taking advantage of this blessed month

It really does end up being the month of food when, ironically, it's meant to be about fasting and self-restraint.

I somewhat agree, however, this is a problem that's endemic in virtually all muslim based cultures/communities during Ramadan.

At least Yasmin's tweets lays the blame on "trashy" Muslim men in gener...

IMG_20170527_171305.jpg

"Healing" :mjkkk:

@Amun please donate to her thesis about confronting white supremacy in the west via her cash.me

Also @Yonis do you know her? Is she a relative?

Last edited:
She doesn't have a point. Somali mothers tell their children to do the cleaning (SONS and DAUGHTERS) and help prepare the food.

Also, the father is working all day, is he supposed to hop in the kitchen and start making baris iskukaris :camby: ?

These Somali "feminists" need to stop confusing Somalis for Pakistanis, Indians, and Arabs, because we don't treat Somali women like slaves.

Reign

Pro Women's Rights|Centrist
VIP
I help out or do the cooking. My brothers do the dishes and clean the kitchen otherwise I get my dad on them. :chrisfreshhah:

I dont mind since I enjoy cooking, cooking is an art. :manny:

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
My cooking skills aren't the best tbh, my mom and sisters kick me out the kitchen whenever i try to help lol. Instead i usually help by buying the groceries.

Status
Not open for further replies.