Somali DNA discussion on LSA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on this video:

https://www.lipstickalley.com/threads/somali-guru-disappointed-by-her-dna-results.1413580/

giphy.gif

The 30 South eastern African Bantu is an error.

DNA of most Somali girls :

30 percent fat
30 percent African
30 percent make up
10 percent suugo science .

The girl is not even east african but both parents are from mudug and sanaag:mindblown:
Either dna test is wrong or they are sheegatos:kanyehmm:
Its not looking good for her:ohno:

Xaagi-Cagmadigtee

Guul ama Dhimasho
Didn't watch it but I am guessing she used Ancestry.com. Total BS if you asked me. They use SE Bantu population as a proxy sample for Somalis, :draketf:.

Last edited:

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
:ohno: 100% East African. Apparently, there was no ancient admixture. We're the real Horners. Skin was always yellow-brown, noses were always underdeveloped and hair was always wavy-curly.

The Dinka and Nuer are mixed, just look at their blueberry bigment and bald heads.

Last edited:

Xaagi-Cagmadigtee

Guul ama Dhimasho
:ohno: 100% East African. Apparently, there was no ancient admixture. We're the real Horners. Skin was always yellow-brown, noses were always underdeveloped and hair was always wavy-curly.

The Dinka and Anuk are mixed, just look at their blueberry bigment and bald heads.
No way you are 100% EA.

Didn't watch it but I am guessing she used Ancestry.com. Total BS if you asked me. They use SE Bantu population as a proxy sample for Somalis, :draketf:.
There's a person in there claiming that ancestry is technically accurate in showing the foreign admixture of East Africans. They're saying 23 and me is technically not accurate since it's saying that we are hundred percent East African based on being 100% Somali. Where does the Western Eurasian component of Somali DNA come from and what is our percentage?

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
There's a person in there claiming that ancestry is technically accurate in showing the foreign admixture of East Africans. They're saying 23 and me is technically not accurate since it's saying that we are hundred percent East African based on being 100% Somali. Where does the Western Eurasian component of Somali DNA come from and what is our percentage?

AncestryDNA is rubbish. It has one East African group on file (S.E African Bantu) which is obviously admixed as well, so how can it be a stand alone catagory. There are no Nilosahran datasets either or Horners. While 23andme uses data sets for Ethopians, Eriterians, Somalis and Masai for East African. 23andme focuses on admixture in the past 1000 years (recent). That is all that matters. Most laymen are too intellectually lazy to differentiate between recent vs ancient admixture. And why would an ethnic Somali care about admixture from 3-5 kya?

Last edited:
Somalis are multi racial from way back 3000-12000 yrs ago.can someone explain to me this west Eurasian component in Somalis that I see everywhere, have read its prehistoric.

Xaagi-Cagmadigtee

Guul ama Dhimasho
Somali admixture predates any semblance of modern day Middle East by thousands of years. The term Eurasia is a misnomer as far as I am concerned. Somalis are ancient people, before any Arabs or Indo-Europeans came into the picture.

Keo

VIP
A lot of those people discussing about it ain't got a clue about what they're talking about. They think every Somali will have those results. lol

vfkK5GWiReecTgAYpOq8vw.png

0oIzgKdZQ_WuaeZpZi1emw.png

:mjlol:

Well I can't expect these African Americans to know shit about a continent they never been to and don't even know who they are.

And also look at this nonsense:

rar7RebTTRKLqyyN3KJJOg.png

They probably think Bantus looking ones are the real Somalis. 40 - 65% Middle Eastern kkk there's been Somalis that had 1% Middle Eastern or 0.1 - 0.2% that took that DNA test.
:pachah1:

How the hell can we be North African mixed when majority of North Africans are mixed themselves. Their paternal haplogroup shows African but their maternal does not originate in Africa whilst majority of Somalis have both paternal haplogroup and maternal that originate in Africa unless you are reer T1a

And then they proceed to show a Nilotic tribe which is a Bantu mixed with Cushitic and claim they are the real Horners. What a clueless bunch of people. But at least some of the people commenting on there had some sense.

Last edited:
A lot of those people discussing about it ain't got a clue about what they're talking about. They think every Somali will have those results. lol

vfkK5GWiReecTgAYpOq8vw.png

0oIzgKdZQ_WuaeZpZi1emw.png

:mjlol:

Well I can't expect these African Americans to know shit about a continent they never been to and don't even know who they are.

And also look at this nonsense:

rar7RebTTRKLqyyN3KJJOg.png

They probably think Bantus looking ones are the real Somalis. 40 - 65% Middle Eastern kkk there's been Somalis that had 1% Middle Eastern or 0.1 - 0.2% that took that DNA test.
:pachah1:

How the hell can we be North African mixed when majority of North Africans are mixed themselves. Their paternal haplogroup shows African but their maternal does not originate in Africa whilst majority of Somalis have both paternal haplogroup and maternal that originate in Africa unless you are reer T1a

And then they proceed to show a Nilotic tribe which is a Bantu mixed with Cushitic and claim they are the real Horners. What a clueless bunch of people. But at least some of the people commenting on there had some sense.
What the f*ck is T1a?

How come all of you have so much knowledge and interest in genetics?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.