Status
Not open for further replies.
How did we go from this
27310e20fd1bc4cfb8b4bb17eb7955ff.jpg

150322_10150123937177729_674782728_7788865_1014389_n.jpg

To this
OEASTLEIGH_P1.jpg

In the matter of only 20 years.
I'm all for modesty but this wahhabi dress is too much, is there any chance that we will restore our culture?

Keo

VIP
There is no chance we are going back to the days our parents experienced. Even in Europe they wear those jilbaabs. I think my mother is the only one that does not wear it from her age group. She only wears it when she goes to Somalia.
:francis:

From what I've seen online, from Facebook and Youtube, Women in Somalia won't be dressed in jilbaab 20 years from now. I'm also pretty sure not wearing a hijab will be normalized again.

Lol I meant as in women were encouraged to participate in sport and they were not made to wear niqab everywhere they went like in saudi arabia, I can upload pics of women in traditional Somali dress if you want.
Oh I see. Women in somalia have become extremely religious. I don't think it is a bad thing but they should make sure they don't wear tents just normal hijab and abaya

Exactly.

Wallahi back then before Wahhabism, older Somali women in school were made fun of for wearing the jilbab and were called "extreme". Look how the tables have turned.
:comeon:
If I had the power in Somalia, I would ban the burqa/niqab/jilbab.

Exactly.

Wallahi back then before Wahhabism, older Somali women in school were made fun of for wearing the jilbab and were called "extreme". Look how the tables have turned.
:comeon:
If I had the power in Somalia, I would ban the burqa/niqab/jilbab.

Banning it would make you look like one of those anti muslim westerners e.g sarkozy. It would be better to use political posters and speeches discouraging the wahhabi dress and that would probably work without alienating the population.

Banning it would make you look like one of those anti muslim westerners e.g sarkozy. It would be better to use political posters and speeches discouraging the wahhabi dress and that would probably work without alienating the population.
Banning it would be the best option. The wahhabism has brainwashed a lot of Somalis. I even see a lot wearing it in Toronto.

I agree that we need a revolution but ataturk is an extreme example, he hated Islam and everything to do with it. Someone like Siad Barre who embraced Islam but did not let wahhabism seep in.

Lol@siad barre. Give me a thousand attatürks before one Afweyne. Siad Barre had the opportunity, but turned out to be a paranoid incompetent tribalist that led his country to ruin. Attatürk was far from perfect, but his brilliance led turkey from being a minor shithole that was carved up by Russia and the West, to being a major middle--eastern power once again.

I wish Caynanshe wasn't assassinated and killed afweyne before he was betrayed. Who knows what the Somali Republic would be like today.

Lol@siad barre. Give me a thousand attatürks before one Afweyne. Siad Barre had the opportunity, but turned out to be a paranoid incompetent tribalist that led his country to ruin. Attatürk was far from perfect, but his brilliance led turkey from being a minor shithole that was carved up by Russia and the West, to being a major middle--eastern power once again.

I wish Caynanshe wasn't assassinated and killed afweyne before he was betrayed. Who knows what the Somali Republic would be like today.

Ataturk did nothing for Turkey other than force secularism down everyone's throats. Turkey was a minor shithole similar to greece until Erdogan came in and reformed the country. Siad Barre was the polar opposite of a tribalist, he discouraged tribalism. Siad Barre made Somalia have one of the best living conditions in Africa and the largest military. It was only when the piece of shit aideed and the snm s betrayed him that the country went downhill.

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
My mother told me before the civil war happaned. Somali women never had burqa, niqab or jilbab. After the civil war happened, Somalia got polluted by Wahhabism thanks to Saudi Arabia.

Somali women used to wore traditional colourful hijab like diraac with a colourful scarf.

20131208-171214.jpg

aa83d5669073a89ef53e63b34d6e2d28--hijab-fashion-modest-fashion.jpg

66cfb7fcadcbac6ee14399fdee528546--african-weddings-dirac-somali.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending