Somali Chess Team Vs Syrian Chess team

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
There’s this Somali Chess Team that I joined online. At first I thought that they were mediocre players at best. But after joining, I realized these guys are beasts.

Averaging 2000 rating points (2000+ is a master)

Recently, they versed a syrian team online. These guys destroyed them.
A590FC61-A9CC-45A2-A120-DEA38197BB1B.jpeg

307 points to 186 points :damn:

look at the standings:

82A8BD16-D37A-449A-B1D0-2F196A39AB23.jpeg

numbers 1 through 5 are all somali, 6 & 7 are from the syrian team, and onwards is again just Somalis.

I missed out on this tournament but just for reference, if I was in it I’d make it to at most top 15. Ina Miskin had only 2 losses and the rest were straight dubs. CaliJameeco won all his games.

I had faith in these guys but I didn’t think they would wipe the floor with the poor syrians.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The kid in the khamiis is a titled player, a CM (Candidate Master). This means that he’s an internationally ranked player and can join top tournaments. Which is crazy because he barely looks older than me, he can possibly become a grandmaster (GM) in his lifetime if he keeps it up

I didn’t know there was such a large somali chess community.

There’s this Somali Chess Team that I joined online. At first I thought that they were mediocre players at best. But after joining, I realized these guys are beasts.

View attachment 171330

look at the standings:

View attachment 171331

numbers 1 through 5 are all somali, 6 & 7 are from the syrian team, and onwards is again just Somalis.

I missed out on this tournament but just for reference, if I was in it I’d make it to at most top 15. Ina Miskin had only 2 losses and the rest were straight dubs. CaliJameeco won all his games.

I had faith in these guys but I didn’t think they would wipe the floor with the poor syrians.

The kid in the khamiis is a titled player, a CM (Candidate Master). This means that he’s an internationally ranked player and can join top tournaments. Which is crazy because he barely looks older than me, he can possibly become a grandmaster (GM) in his lifetime if he keeps it up

I just started playing lol, can't believe this haha

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Unfound Somali talent. this gives me hope

link their instagrams I want to support
I don’t think they have an Instagram, but they have a youtube channel where they run tournaments and commentate on games.

It’s called All Somali Chess Talent. But just putting Somali Chess in search bar is enough, since they’re really the only somali chess videos on youtube.

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
these guys are also very exclusive. They have to make sure you’re somali by seeing you type in Somali. They’ll sometimes type in broken/semi weird Somali but still understandable to make sure you’re not using google translate. At least, that’s what they did for me.

After that they added me to the Whatsapp groupchat.

Villainess

smooth talk on a rainy summer evening
I don’t think they have an Instagram, but they have a youtube channel where they run tournaments and commentate on games.

It’s called All Somali Chess Talent. But just putting Somali Chess in search bar is enough, since they’re really the only somali chess videos on youtube.
Wow wallahi they deserve so much more views. Their videos are organized and the thumbnail is catching. The usernames are goated too.

Villainess

smooth talk on a rainy summer evening
these guys are also very exclusive. They have to make sure you’re somali by seeing you type in Somali. They’ll sometimes type in broken/semi weird Somali but still understandable to make sure you’re not using google translate. At least, that’s what they did for me.

After that they added me to the Whatsapp groupchat.
How.. do I contact this elite group? :kendrickcry:

eeg moodo cuusub ayaa la keenaay, somali chess. never would have imagined it in a thousand years

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
How.. do I contact this elite group? :kendrickcry:

eeg moodo cuusub ayaa la keenaay, somali chess. never would have imagined it in a thousand years
they’re actually doing a livestream tonight too. A Fide Master vs International Master match up.

They put a lot of time into organizing these livestreams and it’s so sad seeing them barely get 50 views. But it’s fine, maybe in the future when Somalia gets better and more Somalis have the time to play chess then the videos will start banging.

Insha allah I hope there’s a chess culture in Somalia. Countries like Azerbaijan and Armenia got their chess culture while they were under the USSR, they teach chess in school and now even though they’re not the most successful countries they produce top players and are the 4th and 5th highest rated countries.

View attachment 171330

look at the standings:

View attachment 171331

Somali people are incredibly smart when they apply themself, usually too lazy, distracted or ADHD to do that but when they do watch out!

they’re actually doing a livestream tonight too. A Fide Master vs International Master match up.

They put a lot of time into organizing these livestreams and it’s so sad seeing them barely get 50 views. But it’s fine, maybe in the future when Somalia gets better and more Somalis have the time to play chess then the videos will start banging.

Insha allah I hope there’s a chess culture in Somalia. Countries like Azerbaijan and Armenia got their chess culture while they were under the USSR, they teach chess in school and now even though they’re not the most successful countries they produce top players and are the 4th and 5th highest rated countries.
You should link it when it’s live, I’d watch it!

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
You should link it when it’s live, I’d watch it!
it’s starting in one hour:

when I said tonight I was just quoting what he said. I forgot it’s 7 pm for them and already night.

Trending