Somali-Canadian PhD student files racism complaint against Canadian Border Services Agency

Desert Flower

Staff Member
Such thin skin on this guy. Being black, Muslim and male??? Stop it dude. And now he’s trying to make money off it? He needed extensions on papers because of the depression?
:dead::lolbron:
I don’t think he should’ve blown it out of proportion like he did. It’s totally normal for border agents to question someone if they think their story doesn’t add up. Not necessarily racist or hateful.
You give off Uncle Jama energy.

He did the right thing. He didn't argue or fight with the agent just go over them and file a complaint and/or charge them. No one deserves injustice especially not somewhere I pay taxes.

Shmurda

King Of NSFW
But not 100% non-existent. And it might seem rare because people who are discriminated by CBSA don't pursue legal action or complain, hence the low stats.

I'm shocked that most of you here are not buying this story.
Tbh it sounds like you want discrimination to be a problem in Canada. That guy is telling ducktales talking about "I can't write cuz I'm so depressed I need multiple deadlines" wtf is this

Western4Life

Staff Member
What this man did was disgusting. If what he said is true which I do not believe it is, he had the opportunity to show the good side of Somalis like I have when I was grilled. That officer went away knowing there are Somalis like me so the next time, he won't be as hard on Somalis. He definently will remember me for decades. This guy has made it worse for Somalis now because now everyone sees the stereotype being confirmed: victim, oohin, white blaming, BLM, disrespect to authority. Why didn't he use the opportunity of those few minutes to dismantle this stereotype?

What this man did was disgusting. If what he said is true which I do not believe it is, he had the opportunity to show the good side of Somalis like I have when I was grilled. That officer went away knowing there are Somalis like me so the next time, he won't be as hard on Somalis. He definently will remember me for decades. This guy has made it worse for Somalis now because now everyone sees the stereotype being confirmed: victim, oohin, white blaming, BLM, disrespect to authority. Why didn't he use the opportunity of those few minutes to dismantle this stereotype?
Why should he tolerate injustice on your on anyone else's behalf?

Desert Flower

Staff Member
Tbh it sounds like you want discrimination to be a problem in Canada. That guy is telling ducktales talking about "I can't write cuz I'm so depressed I need multiple deadlines" wtf is this
Discrimination is an issue everywhere, including Canada.

I’m not going to go back and forth with you.

Yukon_Niner

With great power comes great electricity bill
VIP
Walaal your exhibitionist display of master n slave roleplay with the authorities isn't as appreciated as you think it is, that guy will likely have forgotten about you and would continue bothering countless other Somalis whereas the **** getting sued will remember this (if he faces repercussions that is).

You'll never be able to convince everyone your "the good one" but you can legally/financially fuck them hard enough hey won't think about doing it again, humans are great when they learn through pain.

Helios

Subeer 🦉
VIP
Should stop crying and grow a pair lol

File the complaint and get the $$$ but no need to b*tch to the cbc for clout

I guess it helps his chances
:ohlord:

Western4Life

Staff Member
Why should he tolerate injustice on your on anyone else's behalf?
There was no injustice.

Walaal your exhibitionist display of master n slave roleplay with the authorities isn't as appreciated as you think it is, that guy will likely have forgotten about you and would continue bothering countless other Somalis whereas the **** getting sued will remember this (if he faces repercussions that is).

You'll never be able to convince everyone your "the good one" but you can legally/financially fuck them hard enough hey won't think about doing it again, humans are great when they learn through pain.
He won't see a penny. He won't even get a fake apology from that border officer or from the union. What he did was have thousands of people read his story, many of whom will not feel sorry for him. It will be hilarious if we find out the officer was black/Somali. 99% he wasn't white.

Western4Life

Staff Member

CBC is the place to go to calacal about whitey and systemic racism. There's a Somali related story on CBC every week. Many of them are lies and exaggerations. I saw an article that said Somalis are overrepresented in Chinese Virus-19 diagnosis due to systemic racism. So it has nothing to do with going to shisha spots Abyan? Or your 10 siblings who are barely home because they are loitering in a dozen different spots throughout the city everyday? Or the edos hugging and kissing each other?

:mjlaugh:

Destiny

Shaah Enthusiast
These reactions were not what I was expecting
What do you expect from the deluded people on this forum who think they’re not black? They swear that racism is exaggerated, so hearing a well educated Somali man say he’s black and in their eyes “playing the victim”, throws them into a rage. It shows them the truth and they can’t accept it.

Desert Flower

Staff Member
What do you expect from the deluded people on this forum who think they’re not black? They swear that racism is exaggerated, so hearing a well educated Somali man say he’s black and in their eyes “playing the victim”, throws them into a rage. It shows them the truth and they can’t accept it.
The cognitive dissonance on here is wild.

Desert Flower

Staff Member
I really hope he gets his money, otherwise he will just go out looking like a big bit.ch
Its hard to get compensation in Canada for these types of stuff. At most, he might get an apology and a lip-service commitment to dismantle anti-black racism at CBSA. Maybe hiring a black woman who's a Chief Diversity Officer to hold D&I workshops.

Desert Flower

Staff Member

You're still black. You live in Richmond Hill and I'm sure, have faced alot of racism. Show some empathy kiddo.

Helios

Subeer 🦉
VIP
You're still black. You live in Richmond Hill and I'm sure, have faced alot of racism. Show some empathy kiddo.
No actually

The one incident I remember vividly was a kid who was born in israel telling me to go back to Africa in grade 6 (keep in mind i was born here) - upon receiving a bloody nose he corrected that position
:obama:

Trending