Somali-Canadian PhD student files racism complaint against Canadian Border Services Agency

Western4Life

Shamelessly embracing white man apparent privilege
Staff Member

I'm sure it will lift eventually. I'm kind of more concerned about what comes after rather than the inconvenience of the masks. Any speculations, you're sort of good at that thing.
Quarantine camps.

Sophisticate

Steel Magnolia
Staff Member
Quarantine camps.

Break it down for us. Is that the Canadian equivalent of FEMA?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I do not think I have ever seen a white CBSA officer at Pearson and I travel regularly. Hard to believe this story.

I have other reasons for not believing it either.
In the background of Pearson Airport filled with these cadaans who hold these influential positions such as border agency and Canadian security Intelligence service (CSIS) not those low level tier somali security guards lol

Such thin skin on this guy. Being black, Muslim and male??? Stop it dude. And now he’s trying to make money off it? He needed extensions on papers because of the depression?
:dead::lolbron:

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
Such thin skin on this guy. Being black, Muslim and male??? Stop it dude. And now he’s trying to make money off it? He needed extensions on papers because of the depression?
:dead::lolbron:
I can see that since he's dragging it out. If he didn't report it, he probably would've gotten over it within a week. Writing the complaint, getting back that dismissive letter from CBSA, contacting lawyers, etc will obviously be mentally taxing over the course of months.

To be clear, he's absolutely doing the right thing and CBSA deserves to be exposed, but it would've been easiest for him to do nothing and move on like everyone else this happens to.

Sxb I'm not Canadian kkkk the guy is probably dark skinned Somali from Southern tribes, his Psyche is also WEAK, he said that interaction with CBSA officers drove him into depression and anxiety. :draketf:
Clear money scam. It’s funny even when Somali gets educated he will look for quick money.

I can see that since he's dragging it out. If he didn't report it, he probably would've gotten over it within a week. Writing the complaint, getting back that dismissive letter from CBSA, contacting lawyers, etc will obviously be mentally taxing over the course of months.

To be clear, he's absolutely doing the right thing and CBSA deserves to be exposed, but it would've been easiest for him to do nothing and move on like everyone else this happens to.
I don’t think he should’ve blown it out of proportion like he did. It’s totally normal for border agents to question someone if they think their story doesn’t add up. Not necessarily racist or hateful.

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
I don’t think he should’ve blown it out of proportion like he did. It’s totally normal for border agents to question someone if they think their story doesn’t add up. Not necessarily racist or hateful.
When visiting other countries, perhaps, but as a citizen of Canada, he shouldn't be subjected to that. It doesn't even make sense. For instance, what were they planning to do if they took his passport? He doesn't need a passport to enter his home country.

Yukon_Niner

With great power comes great electricity bill
VIP
Clear money scam. It’s funny even when Somali gets educated he will look for quick money.
He pretty much has every right to sue considering how they treated him

And how is suing and overexaggerating a Somali thing? People have been doing this shit for years