Somali bantus and their effect on somali economy and development

I honestly don't understand the anti - Somali Bantu agenda ethnic Somalis have against them. Most construction workers and those who do the nitty and gritty jobs that ethnic Somalis are too prideful to do are done by them. Also other job sectors such as agriculture. Those are two sectors our country needs to work on for self-sufficency- agriculture and infrastructure. If we were to 'deport' them to Tanzania and Mozambique like a lot of you idiotically suggest, it would probably be the dumbest thing on earth to do. They are massively key in transforming Somalia's economy for the good. They are also extremely nice and down-to-earth people. Especially the reer Jowhar and reer Beledwyne kind.

A lot of them support AS and that's just because, like other clans who are politically suppressed in the FGS, they look to Al Shabaab as a way of holding power and not being sidelined. Look at how Bantus have good political representation in Hirshabelle. That's why most Makane and Shiidle are not as Pro AS as the Bantus in jl. Those in the jubbas are barely represented in the Jubbaland parliament. Stuff like this needs to change.

Last edited:
I've always wondered, how come Gabooye clans (who are ethnic Somalis) and Cadcads and don't support AS despite having literal no say in Somali government or political backing?? Not even most Darood yaryars support AS but Bantus and RX Bantus (who larp as RX) support AS a lot? Even the well off ones support AS in some capacity by providing them with fruits/foods etc

Most of the Jobs these Bantus can do can easily be done by Ethnic Somalis, in PL and SL most of these jobs are done by Ethnic Somalis anyways. I think Bantus would be better off in the farming sector etc

I've always wondered, how come Gabooye clans (who are ethnic Somalis) and Cadcads and don't support AS despite having literal no say in Somali government or political backing?? Not even most Darood yaryars support AS but Bantus and RX Bantus (who larp as RX) support AS a lot? Even the well off ones support AS in some capacity by providing them with fruits/foods etc

Most of the Jobs these Bantus can do can easily be done by Ethnic Somalis, in PL and SL most of these jobs are done by Ethnic Somalis anyways. I think Bantus would be better off in the farming sector etc
I'm not sure about Somaliland and Puntland but in Mogadishu, your average ethnic Somali looks down on anything that isn't an office job. The problem is there are nowhere near enough office jobs to go around. That's why the unemployment rate is so high and a lot of university kids are at home doing nothing.

Somali Bantus on the other hand, are all benefiting from building all the new buildings popping up around every corner of the city. You'll barely see a jobless Bantu. Whether they are a mechanic, selling fruits or a construction worker, They are all doing something. They are real hustlers

World

VIP
I'm not sure about Somaliland and Puntland but in Mogadishu, your average ethnic Somali looks down on anything that isn't an office job. The problem is there are nowhere near enough office jobs to go around. That's why the unemployment rate is so high and a lot of university kids are at home doing nothing.

Somali Bantus on the other hand, are all benefiting from building all the new buildings popping up around every corner of the city. You'll barely see a jobless Bantu. Whether they are a mechanic, selling fruits or a construction worker, They are all doing something. They are real hustlers
we’re prideful and arrogant for no reason. How can you look down upon anything that isn’t an office job in a failed state subhanallah. Trades are a great way to make money even in the uk.

Also their support for Shabaab is exaggerated, they don't have weapons to defend themselves like some clans so they're easily exploitable, they can't free their land, so the notion that they somehow have some attachment to them is nonsense, and Shabaab kidnap children from their families and since they control most of the south especially bay and bakool their foot soldiers are mostly from those areas, when you see their troops they're mostly ethnic Somalis.

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP

AS control areas where bantus live, of course you will see bantus among their ranks. Gabooye in south Somalia are not that visible and I suspect, have been absorbed by bantus. Cadcads are not that present in Koonfuur, especially in the countryside where AS indoctrinates illiterate youngsters.

Bantus also do xamaali in PL and surprisingly are being replaced by cheaper foreigners. We are a long road ahead of for ethnic somalis who are not gabooye to do xamaali.

Somali bantus tend to also be very nationalistic because a strong FGS means more protection for them due to their vulnerability. They also are hard working productive citizens to somalia so I dont understand the hate towards them.

Not raining on your parade or anything sxb but going 600 miles North to engage in terrorist activities sound like a choice to me. The bantus and rx terrorists don't have a choice in the South but they sure do have a choice to leave AS when they come to my deegaans.
I'm in no way defending bantus or any type of Somalis joining AS whatever the reason as they are evil scum who kill innocents and blame it on our peaceful religion of islam on top of that. This thread was just to shed light on your average somali bantu who isnt an AS member and how they are good hard-working people. In fact I don't even know who or what was the point of bringing northern Somalis to this thread. My reply was simply a response to someone who brought up gabooye and darood yar yars who live in pl and sl

Also they do have a choice in the south as no one is forcing them to join AS but my point is dadkaas xaaqootha in laa siiyo waaye. its even xaraam in islam to not give people their rights and thats exactly whats happening in jubbaland. The current guudomiye of Jowhar is shiidle even though ethnic somalis are more than them in the district ( mudulood and gaaljecel). The bantus in jilib and jamaame are much more in number than ethnic somalis and they are barely represented.

Until issues like this are sorted, somalia wont be peacful. Allah swt hates injustice

Laagite

الداروودي
I'm in no way defending bantus or any type of Somalis joining AS whatever the reason as they are evil scum who kill innocents and blame it on our peaceful religion of islam on top of that. This thread was just to shed light on your average somali bantu who isnt an AS member and how they are good hard-working people. In fact I don't even know who or what was the point of bringing northern Somalis to this thread. My reply was simply a response to someone who brought up gabooye and darood yar yars who live in pl and sl

Also they do have a choice in the south as no one is forcing them to join AS but my point is dadkaas xaaqootha in laa siiyo waaye. its even xaraam in islam to not give people their rights and thats exactly whats happening in jubbaland. The current guudomiye of Jowhar is shiidle even though ethnic somalis are more than them in the district ( mudulood and gaaljecel). The bantus in jilib and jamaame are much more in number than ethnic somalis and they are barely represented.

Until issues like this are sorted, somalia wont be peacful. Allah swt hates injustice.
Indeed sxb, once Bantus are given their full rights it'll solve everything. I believe Somalia gets recurring droughts and famines as punishment from Allah SWT for how we treat Bantus, Madhibaan, Tumaal etc.

to say Bantu is nonsense term made up in 90’s by Americans reusing fascist textbooks. they have clans like makaane, shiidle etc who are fully somalized and are basically genetically 70 percent Somali, then you have clans like mushungli who speak really bad Somali and are culturally distinct.
Indeed sxb, once Bantus are given their full rights it'll solve everything. I believe Somalia gets recurring droughts and famines as punishment from Allah SWT for how we treat Bantus, Madhibaan, Tumaal etc.

You really can’t compare Sab treatment to ethnic minority treatment, whereas an average Somali will eat food cooked by a mushungli or cad-cad, I knew a guy who puked up a meal because he found out it was made by a madhibaan.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
this is nonsense, if you set your house on fire, you will get your house burned, god has nothing to do with it.

Som

VIP
Somali bantus tend to also be very nationalistic because a strong FGS means more protection for them due to their vulnerability. They also are hard working productive citizens to somalia so I dont understand the hate towards them.
True. Minorities like cad cads and Bantus are very patriotic, sometimes i think they love our country more than the rest of us ethnic somalis.

Som

VIP

Cad cads don't live in AS territory, many Bantus do. Middle Jubba which is an AS stronghold is also one of the regions with the highest Bantu. If Bantus are 15% on a national level (including Somaliland) we can easily say Bantus are probably around 30% do the population of the south (hiraan, benadir, Jubbooyinka, shabeelaha etc) so since they are one of the largest clans in AS territory obviously they have many people who join them.

Som

VIP

And also when it comes to jobs ethnic somalis have some degree of disgust for manual labor, it's a cultural thing. Back in the days somalis used to have 3 main occupations : reer baadiye camel herder, businessman/trader or religious scholar. Sometimes a combination of the three. Manual labor was considered a servile activity, that's why somalis disliked shoe makers, blacksmiths etc. Now things are different obviously cause ethnic somalis do all kind of jobs but i think Bantus are still over represented in construction jobs even in PL and SL. They are skilled and known as hard workers

Cad cads don't live in AS territory, many Bantus do. Middle Jubba which is an AS stronghold is also one of the regions with the highest Bantu. If Bantus are 15% on a national level (including Somaliland) we can easily say Bantus are probably around 30% do the population of the south (hiraan, benadir, Jubbooyinka, shabeelaha etc) so since they are one of the largest clans in AS territory obviously they have many people who join them.
Ridiculous post, Bantu population doesn't go beyond 8% of Somalias population.

And also when it comes to jobs ethnic somalis have some degree of disgust for manual labor, it's a cultural thing. Back in the days somalis used to have 3 main occupations : reer baadiye camel herder, businessman/trader or religious scholar. Sometimes a combination of the three. Manual labor was considered a servile activity, that's why somalis disliked shoe makers, blacksmiths etc. Now things are different obviously cause ethnic somalis do all kind of jobs but i think Bantus are still over represented in construction jobs even in PL and SL. They are skilled and known as hard workers
from what I saw both in PL and SL most people who were working on roads and construction were ethnic Somalis and maybe a couple Bengalis and Yemenis.

Bantus being 'skilled' is an exaggeration in my opinion. Who trained Somali Bantus? There is no Vocational School that churns out Bantu workers. If they built the "houses" in Somalia after the civil war, it's easy to see why Asian labourers are being imported.

The truth is more so that they are not work-shy nor are they hindered by Somali negative attitudes towards manual labour. With time, it will get harder for Bantus to get employed, as more and more Somalis are turning to Vocational Education.

The only salvation for Bantus in Somalia is:

1. To return to their native regions within Somalia, get employed as SNA and so forth and be left alone, they will thrive if this happens.

2. Repatriation to their native homelands.

Right now, they are in dangerous limbo and these IDP camps will quickly turn into crime-ridden flavellas. Every single Federal State in Somalia, will regret allowing NGOs to build IDP camps in their land. Mark my words.

Last edited:

Trending