Another angle:
The_National_Archives_UK_-_CO_1069-8-36.jpg

Historical citadel ruins in Gondershe
Gondereshe2008.jpg

Dervish castle in Eyl
Eyl_Castle.jpg

City of Merka
markacadey_5.jpg

Ruins of Amud, an ancient ruined town in Northern Somalia, formerly part of the Adal Sultanate
Amud%2C_Somalia.jpg

1380 year old masjid in Zeila
5229598634_57e024fa3d_b.jpg

Medieval Somali door decoration
Coral_house_mogadishu.JPG

is it normal to re build historical monuments or buildings that were ruined through war? because most of these were sadly reduced to ash. i would even help fund it tbh

also the way somalis used to build houses and buildings were beuitiful. we need to see more of THAT architecture. and i live the all white coloured towns like merka, mogadishu and all big cities need to implement a rule that only allows people to paint their houses/buildings white. these multi coloured houses and shops need to go. if making white paint free for all somalis will get the job done then so be it.

Check out the designs on the doors back then. :lawd: I hope people still know how to make it like this.

71a42668562016f557ddb9cde65450ee.jpg
upload_2017-1-26_22-30-47.jpeg
upload_2017-1-26_22-31-3.jpeg
3875342794_eb9b55085b_z.jpg

is it normal to re build historical monuments or buildings that were ruined through war? because most of these were sadly reduced to ash. i would even help fund it tbh

also the way somalis used to build houses and buildings were beuitiful. we need to see more of THAT architecture. and i live the all white coloured towns like merka, mogadishu and all big cities need to implement a rule that only allows people to paint their houses/buildings white. these multi coloured houses and shops need to go. if making white paint free for all somalis will get the job done then so be it.
As long as you have old photos and designs they can definitely be rebuilt.

The white buildings in Merca were made from whitewashed coral. Most buildings in the region were also made the same way.

TheLibertarianQuiche

Quintessentially negroid: Your problem?

The governor building was restored in xamar after being destroyed and so will other monuments.

Check out the designs on the doors back then. :lawd: I hope people still know how to make it like this.

71a42668562016f557ddb9cde65450ee.jpg
View attachment 12322View attachment 12323
3875342794_eb9b55085b_z.jpg

As long as you have old photos and designs they can definitely be rebuilt.

The white buildings in Merca were made from whitewashed coral. Most buildings in the region were also made the same way.
The houses being built nowadays are an abomination....
:ohlord:
hopefully more classical & traditional styles will become trendy again.

I'm afraid we've lost all our artisans. Those doors and niches look remarkably like Zanzibari architecture. Maybe we can import a few Zanzibari architects (if you don't mind Bantus :hemad:).

I don't see any distinct features. It looks plain and basic. We need to invent our own style like the East Asians and the Europeans.

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
I don't see any distinct features. It looks plain and basic. We need to invent our own style like the East Asians and the Europeans.
I think it looks very ornate. Are we looking at the same pictures?
The whitewashed coastal houses and intricate designs here look very distinctly Somali tbh

The whitewashed coastal houses and intricate designs here look very distinctly Somali tbh

Nope. It doesn't stand out. Looks like a half-assed combination of European and Arabian architecture. We need to make it more distinct.

Vanguard

Fino alla morte

The whitewashed buildings are found all over the Swahili coast and in Oman. It's not only a Somali thing.

That building is ugly... Looks like something from the 1920s
It's better than these hideous monstrosities all over the country :susp:

Somalia-New-Office-Buildings.jpg

Make me the Chief Urban Planner of a Somali city and I'll turn it into the Somali version of Paris :banderas:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts