SolaPortal - Beautiful Qardho

Boqorada

F*ck Your Feelings
Dulkeyga aan ku faano😍

I'm currently there. It's soo beautiful, I can't even describe the feeling but there's so much love, peace and prosperity. Qardho always makes me so happy.

I'm starting to wish that Puntites invested in one or two cities together, instead of every clan pouring wealth into clan villages. For instance, our ancient coastal towns such as Caluula, Xaafuun etc, haven't been profitable since the time of the Cape of Spices when they were prominent trade centres.

I'm not an economist but I think we'd do better with having one/two cities with a large population to boost our economy further.

What say you @DR OSMAN

Last edited:

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
I'm starting to wish that Puntites invested in one or two cities together, instead of every clan pouring wealth into clan villages. For instance, our ancient coastal towns such as Caluula, Xaafuun etc, haven't been profitable since the time of the Cape of Spices when they were prominent trade centres.

I'm not an economist but I think we'd do better with having one/two cities with a large population to boost our economy further.

What say you @DR OSMAN

Every clan wants to have a large city of its own. When Reer Bicidyahan began to move back into Mudug, they could have moved into Galkacyo instead of building Cagaaran, but they chose not to. Same for the Reer Khalaf who chose to move into what was then the tiny village of Bursaalax. Same for the Leelkase in Galdogob.

Clans want to have an urban center that is exclusive to them. It is a problem that robs the cities of growth and dynamism.

Every clan wants to have a large city of its own. When Reer Bicidyahan began to move back into Mudug, they could have moved into Galkacyo instead of building Cagaaran, but they chose not to. Same for the Reer Khalaf who chose to move into what was then the tiny village of Bursaalax. Same for the Leelkase in Galdogob.

Clans want to have an urban center that is exclusive to them. It is a problem that robs the cities of growth and dynamism.

That's right. Nobody wants to be a 'guest' to another clan.

Another major issue preventing a large-scale move to our largest cities, is the attitude towards jobs. If we had a healthy outlook on manual labour, we'd see lots of young nomads moving to cities and setting up homes and seeking Vocational training. This is why so many Southerners, mainly Bantu and D&M, move to Puntland; because there are jobs they are happy to do, plus of course, they live in idp camps in peace.

If it was up to me, every town would need a specific purpose in order to receive development funds; fishing, farming, tourism, industry or commerce etc. If a town serves no purpose other than people living there, it needs to be left alone.

Trending

Latest posts