Social Conditioning Is Real

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
A-lot of people don't understand Social conditioning and what they been subjected to and even has reached a sub-conscious level where they don't even know their doing it like when someone routinely eats or showers, it's sub conscious. A-lot of people think social conditioning starts thru the media/movies who present what they want to be 'issues' and repeat it over a long-time before it becomes sub-conscious in people head and then run a political candidate by popularizing him to the masses as someone who can solve the 'issue' they narrated and engineered and crafted.

A-lot assume in the west the purpose behind it is to ensure business interests are upheld and to keep the masses divided on what-ever the media/movies popularize and turn into a public issue. Usually it's about identity politics such as race, religion, gender, lgbtq, mentally ill, poverty, crime.

We know as humans that 99% of any of those identity groups are just normal people living their lives. What's sad tho some of those communitiees buy into the image the media pushes for them like the 'masculine' male type and now all males try to emulate it by going to gym or the ghetto american type which blacks try to emulate and live up too, or even the 'female' standard for beauty and make up and fat shaming, or the islamic terrorist type 'long beard, evil eyes, hijab'. Some conclude the rich elite in the world are in fear people to unite on their economic interest as workers and turn on the capitalist order.

What I want to discuss social conditioning dimensions and how stigma works. Majority of public attention and discussion is mainly on race, religion, gender, lgbtq. But the social stigma a homeless person faces or mentally ill crosses into a universal scale and why 90% of suicides represent them, their rejected/persecuted by all races, gender, lgbtq, religions, even families.

They have no community or anywhere to turn too unlike the other groups in the media spot-lighted. I am not saying their issues is less than or it's a competition, but their issues has come a long way, they have communities, family, and their battle is nearly over.

Where-as mentally ill, homeless issue is like the apocolypse in social stigma, it's at a universal scale across all societies, gender, races, religion. Even within the homeless or mentally ill their is different scales-severities such as blk-muslim or jew-woman-mentally ill-homeless isn't the same severity as white-male-middle class-mentally ill. The more social stigma attached to 1 human being, the greater the severity of social stigma and enourmous battle. Please remember the social conditioning you are under means it's not even calculated or pre-meditatated, it's at sub conscious layer and they don't even know their doing like someone showering is routine due to the social conditioning. Always question your social conditioning.

Plus remember social discrimination presents itself not only as harming ppl physically or discriminating against them from a social-professional-cultural-religious setting as most people assume, but it also can present itself with a 'pity, lesser being' dimension like we do with the homeless at a sub conscious level.

This type of pity-lesser being discrimination also present itself across all social stigma areas whether race, gender, lgbtq, religion, mentally ill, homeless, it's only just far worse for mentally ill who are hospitalized, drugged, and even can be imprisoned/sectioned on psycharitic treatment orders for the rest of their life. For what? just having a different reality or emotional state to the social norm? this type of crap isn't happening to lgbtq-race which the spot-light is always on, even tho I don't take away from their struggle but it's absolutely minor relative to these monster issues which are never addressed and is at universal scale.

Last edited:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Only the wise will understand the doctor, let the idiots still under social conditioning not ruin this important discussion. I would hate to walk in the shoes of blk-lgbtq-muslim or jew-woman-mentally ill-homeless person. May Allah reward them in the next life for the struggles in this one. Plus the scale can just be re-adjusted depending on stigma rank to measure up people and struggles rather then try equalizing it.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Changing words won't solve the problem but may even exarcebate further discrimination as the left is notorious for such as 'immigrants, undocumented' on illegals or 'pride, lgbtq' or mentally ill now their shifting to 'neuro diversity'. Why cant we all just accept our difference and be equal, where there is no pity or lesser being stigma? the new labelling won't change social stigma like it didn't for special needs student, becuz socially nothing has changed.

Stop re-wording shit, as long as the social situation is how it is. The second they are taken out of the social norm and slapped with labels will come with direct/indirect sub conscious pity and lesser being approach or disadvantage/isolation from professional-academic-cultural-social-religious areas.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
It's crazy but we even pity and see as lesser beings the seniors so ageism is real, even tho u sub consciously don't know ur doing it. Treat them like equals only not slap a label to them and treat them with stigma conditioning. f*ck social conditioning. As MLK said the individual matters only their character, words, contribution, etc.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
It's crazy social conditioning when u see someone already suffering it due to race, gender, lgbtq, religion, mentally ill, homeless who then turns on other groups themselves. Like Black person hating stigma but then holds stigma on mentally ill, homeless or lgbtq. It also happens in religion, islam asking 4 no hate but have no problems promoting hate of disbeliever. Waxan laguma jiri kare hadi caqli laysku sheego.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Im not gay but since I know 3 forms of stigma black, mental illness,Muslim and am relatively not as bad as say someone who is all that plus homeless and lgbtq and woman. But I won't pass on what I experienced onto others, I don't have to agree or like LGBTQ, but im not a hypocrit either to persecute/discriminate them or pity and see them as lesser beings when I know what that is like myself.

Hodan from HR

Be Kind Online.
Staff Member
It's crazy social conditioning when u see someone already suffering it due to race, gender, lgbtq, religion, mentally ill, homeless who then turns on other groups themselves. Like Black person hating stigma but then holds stigma on mentally ill, homeless or lgbtq. It also happens in religion, islam asking 4 no hate but have no problems promoting hate of disbeliever. Waxan laguma jiri kare hadi caqli laysku sheego.

I agree esp this part.
It's sad to witness somalis resort to hate and threats towards non-Muslim Somalis, even suggesting they should identify with a different ethnicity like Ethiopian.

A recently read an article that talks about how people project their biases on the content they consume. Hence, our different mindsets and outlook in life affects how we interpret things we read or watch. As a Muslim myself, the teachings of Islam that resonate with me the most is respecting people of all backgrounds and treating others as we wish to be treated ourselves.

However, this could explain why others "Muslims" are swift to attack those they consider disbelievers and are drawn to hadeeth and Quran verses promoting violence. It is merely a reflection of their internal state such that if they were to become non Muslim today, they would find sources to justify the hatred in their hearts but it will be towards Muslims this round.

Hodan from HR

Be Kind Online.
Staff Member
@DR OSMAN

I shared an excerpt from a book I was reading awhile back. It is a parable of childhood social conditioning and how it impacts adults who internalized such beliefs..

Once upon a time, there was a boy who grew up with a happy dream. He was told when he was very young—as soon as he was old enough to understand anything, really—that a beautiful piece of land out on the edge of town was in trust for him. When he was grown up, it would be his very own and was sure to bring him great contentment. His family and other relatives often described the land to him in terms that made it sound like a fairy world, paradise on earth. They did not tell him precisely when it would be his but implied that it would be when he was around age sixteen or twenty. In his mid-teens, the boy began to visit the property and take walks on it, dreaming of owning it. Two or three years later, he felt the time had come to take it on. However, by then he had noticed some disturbing things: From time to time, he would observe people hiking or picnicking on his acres, and when he told them not to come there without his permission, they refused to leave and insisted that the land was public! When he questioned his relatives about this, they reassured him that there was no claim to the land but his. In his late adolescence and early twenties, he became increasingly frustrated about the failure of the townspeople to respect his ownership. He first tried to manage the problem through compromise. He set aside a small section of the property as a public picnic area and even spent his own money to put up some tables. On the remainder of the land he put up “No Trespassing” signs and expected people to stay off. But, to his amazement, town residents showed no signs of gratitude for his concession; instead they continued to help themselves to the enjoyment of the full area. The boy finally could tolerate the intrusions on his birthright no longer. He began screaming and swearing at people who trespassed and in this way succeeded in driving many of them away. The few who were not cowed by him became targets of his physical assaults. And when even his aggression did not completely clear the area, he bought a gun and began firing at people just to frighten them, not actually to shoot them. The townspeople came to the conclusion that the young man was insane. One particularly courageous local resident decided to spend a day searching through the town real estate records and was able to establish what a number of people had suspected all along: The property was indeed public. The claim made by the boy’s family on his behalf was the product of legend and misconception, without any basis in the documentary record. When the boy was confronted with this evidence, his ire only grew. He was convinced that the townspeople had conspired to alter the records and that they were out to deprive him of his most cherished dream. For several years after, his behavior remained erratic; at times it seemed that he had accepted having been misled during his childhood, but then he would erupt again in efforts to regain control of the land through lawsuits, creating booby traps on the land to injure visitors and employing any other strategy he could think of. His relatives encouraged him to maintain his belligerence, telling him, “Don’t let them take away what is yours.” Years went by before he was able to accept the fact that his dream would never be realized and that he would have to learn to share the land. Over that period he went through a painful, though ultimately freeing, process of gradually accepting how badly misled he had been and how destructive his behavior had been as a result.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@DR OSMAN

I shared an excerpt from a book I was reading awhile back. It is a parable of childhood social conditioning and how it impacts adults who internalized such beliefs..

Unfortunately that's why people don't forgive/forget and rise above and realize the same persecution, discrimination, social isolation, the pity with a lesser being tone, and all the ugly forms of stigma, prejudice, they fear if they don't do it they will be persecuted themselves by the social herd and need to conform, some even do it to increase their own social status.

That's why ppl fear lifting the current accepted prejudices, becuz they think you will eventually do the same against them. Similar to how muslim hate everything that isn't muslim or within their beliefs, but at the same time will say to others you have no right to hate muslims or islam. These ppl will riot/protest about a quran burning but in their own lands burn other ppl religion. You can't respond fire with fire, it just creates bigger fire.

Hodan from HR

Be Kind Online.
Staff Member
Unfortunately that's why people don't forgive/forget and rise above and realize the same persecution, discrimination, social isolation, the pity with a lesser being tone, and all the ugly forms of stigma, prejudice, they fear if they don't do it they will be persecuted themselves by the social herd and need to conform, some even do it to increase their own social status.

That's why ppl fear lifting the current accepted prejudices, becuz they think you will eventually do the same against them. Similar to how muslim hate everything that isn't muslim or within their beliefs, but at the same time will say to others you have no right to hate muslims or islam. These ppl will riot/protest about a quran burning but in their own lands burn other ppl religion. You can't respond fire with fire, it just creates bigger fire.

There is an interesting concept in psychology known as Us-vrs-Them mentality. Our most important need as human beings is our need to belong. Although this shouldn't justify treating others lesser than, it does put these kinda behaviours into perspective like what motivates some people to act this way?

https://www.webmd.com/mental-health/what-is-the-us-against-them-mentality

The “Us vs. Them” mentality stems from our evolutionary need to belong to a group, but studies show it can lead to irrational group favoritism, which ends up dividing society instead of bringing us together.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@Hodan from HR imagine when the stigma/prejudice/isolation/pity dimension combines into 1 person. Just imagine being black muslim-woman yet homeless plus mentally ill and lgbtq. That's what I mean the scale-severity within those targetted can build up and combine compared to blk-male-mentally ill but hasn't got to deal with homeless, lgbtq, religion dimension and u can scan this individual to individual relatively.

Hodan from HR

Be Kind Online.
Staff Member
@Hodan from HR imagine when the stigma/prejudice/isolation/pity dimension combines into 1 person. Just imagine being black muslim-woman yet homeless plus mentally ill and lgbtq. That's what I mean the scale-severity within those targetted can build up and combine compared to blk-male-mentally ill but hasn't got to deal with homeless, lgbtq, religion dimension and u can scan this individual to individual relatively.

Indeed,
undergoing such an experience would be both isolating and frightening.. 😥

''Hate'' is a strong word, I sense an agenda here.

Trending