So I just came back from Germany.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bielsa

Free Wi-Fi > Free Palestine
VIP
I spent w week in Hannover, Munich and Hamburg.

Arrived at Munich train station and refugees all over the place. Children walking around unaccompanied. People sleeping on the floor. Police all over the place. Lots of volunteers who brought the refugees food and clothing. There were some ugly scenes but majority of Germans were nice and welcoming to the refugees.

Here's what I took away from my week in Germany.

1. A lot of refugees were heading towards Sweden cos of family connections.

2. The demographics of the refugees were mainly Arabs, Kurds and Afghans. I met 2 Eritreans amongst the thousands of refugees.

3. Germans are landheers of Europe. Unlike Hungarians. I've never seen so many volunteers in one place. They brought lots of baby food, drinks, clothes etc. In Flensburg (a small town on the German - Danish border) even the local politicians and councilmen came and helped, and shook the hands of every single refugee.

So, seeing their dhibaato first hand made me feel bad for them. I had 40 Euros in my pocket and gave it all to a Syrian guy who was there with his wife and 2 kids. They had walked miles up to the Austrian border.

menace

President - Sexaholics Anonymous, Ohio chapter
VIP
I spent w week in Hannover, Munich and Hamburg.

Arrived at Munich train station and refugees all over the place. Children walking around unaccompanied. People sleeping on the floor. Police all over the place. Lots of volunteers who brought the refugees food and clothing. There were some ugly scenes but majority of Germans were nice and welcoming to the refugees.

Here's what I took away from my week in Germany.

1. A lot of refugees were heading towards Sweden cos of family connections.

2. The demographics of the refugees were mainly Arabs, Kurds and Afghans. I met 2 Eritreans amongst the thousands of refugees.

3. Germans are landheers of Europe. Unlike Hungarians. I've never seen so many volunteers in one place. They brought lots of baby food, drinks, clothes etc. In Flensburg (a small town on the German - Danish border) even the local politicians and councilmen came and helped, and shook the hands of every single refugee.

So, seeing their dhibaato first hand made me feel bad for them. I had 40 Euros in my pocket and gave it all to a Syrian guy who was there with his wife and 2 kids. They had walked miles up to the Austrian border.

My nigga..did you tell them you were a Somali qaxooti:drakelaugh:

Bielsa

VIP
I've never been in a refugee camp or travelled half way across Europe on foot so I couldn't relate to them. :sass2:

First, there are good people everywhere you go but unfortunately they are only a small percentage. The people you saw at the train station helping the refugees were probably immigrants themselves. I don't have a favorable opinion of the real Germans in particular. I was going through airport security once in Munich and was singled out, searched and questioned under the assumption that I was a drug smuggler. They released me immediately after I told them that I would like to contact the U.S. Embassy. Of course this was an isolated incident but given their history it is safe to assume deep down they are just as racist as the American south.

Liibaan

And seek help in patience and prayers
First, there are good people everywhere you go but unfortunately they are only a small percentage. The people you saw at the train station helping the refugees were probably immigrants themselves. I don't have a favorable opinion of the real Germans in particular. I was going through airport security once in Munich and was singled out, searched and questioned under the assumption that I was a drug smuggler. They released me immediately after I told them that I would like to contact the U.S. Embassy. Of course this was an isolated incident but given their history it is safe to assume deep down they are just as racist as the American south.
Lol that's nothing. The Germans of today are some of the most liberal pussies, a far cry from the 20th century German war machine

Liibaan

And seek help in patience and prayers
Oh, so we are in agreement then? Good to know.

The detaining and questioning of persons of Muslim background is very common post 9/11. So that's what I meant by that.

As for Germans being racists. I think all people are racists in some ways. But Germany as a nation went through two World wars which led to adopt more of pacifist posture. The fact that they are leading the way in welcoming refugees into their cities shows their compassion and how far they have come.

Figo

|Garowe|Jalam|Galkacyo|
VIP
When I was headed to dhulka barakysan I had a stop at Frankfurt. First time I traveled with hoyo and second time I was by myself and I didn't really encounter any problems at the airport. :kobeok:

Vice,
What were you doing in Germany?:mjohreally:

menace

VIP
The detaining and questioning of persons of Muslim background is very common post 9/11. So that's what I meant by that.

As for Germans being racists. I think all people are racists in some ways. But Germany as a nation went through two World wars which led to adopt more of pacifist posture. The fact that they are leading the way in welcoming refugees into their cities shows their compassion and how far they have come.

TheScrew does not have a detectable Muslim name, he has a very authentic qabiil name

Bielsa

VIP
Liban is right. Modern day Germans are uber liberals. After 2 world wars German society transformed and they became pacifist and liberals. They're very touchy about anti-Semitism & racism.

Air Jalam. ... I regularly go to Germany as I have friends there. Couple of my old class mates moved down there for work and married locally. Germans are overall decent people in my experience.

Waraabe, Saw couple Aryan women with African American servicemen and their offspring. Plenty of Mashallah mixed raced girls.

menace

VIP
Liban is right. Modern day Germans are uber liberals. After 2 world wars German society transformed and they became pacifist and liberals. They're very touchy about anti-Semitism & racism.

Air Jalam. ... I regularly go to Germany as I have friends there. Couple of my old class mates moved down there for work and married locally. Germans are overall decent people in my experience.

Waraabe, Saw couple Aryan women with African American servicemen and their offspring. Plenty of Mashallah mixed raced girls.

Those mixed ones are xaarka ey kaga carareen American servicemen ..usually American servicemen are the low lives down here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts