shaming rape victims in the Somali community.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
Why do Somalis shame rape victims? They isolate the victim, espicially the older generations. They will go as far as blaming the victim and protecting the rapist.

I was recently told back in the days, when a geeljiire rapes a girl, the poor girl would be ostracized, to the point the victim would run away and form a new identity.

The Somali older generation are really shitty people.

Why do Somalis shame rape victims? They isolate the victim, espicially the older generations. They will go as far as blaming the victim and protecting the rapist.

I was recently told back in the days, when a geeljiire rapes a girl, the poor girl would be ostracized, to the point the victim would run away and form a new identity.

The Somali older generation are really shitty people.

Well yeah that is an established fact. The older generation also did the whole female genital mutilation thingy. So what do you expect from such jaahil people.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
we aint that bad tbh just Look at Afghanistan their rape victims are forced to marry their rapist

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
Somali's keep taking L's because we use South Asian and Arab culture as a standard.

Not as an standard but as an example they still hold on too shaming theyre victims while for Somalis its the old generation that see no fault in shaming while the new generation is againts it

So no we aint as bad as the Pakis and asians

they will go as far as compensation thats about it

Mercury

I don't have time right now, but I will show you evidence from a book written on the issue in Somalia. Actually, most of the pressure will be exerted on the Rapist to marry her in-case a pregnancy materialises because in most cases, the victim is illiterate and poor and can't handle a child on her own. Furthermore, the stigma attached to having a child out of wedlock is unbearable for her. It happens mate.

Hemaal

Jet life till my next life
VIP
Beenawaas :pachah1:We know our culture ain't perfect but no need to lie about it. Kulaha running away and forming new identity :camby:

im out.gif

Yeah Im not touching this topic

Hemaal

Jet life till my next life
VIP
It's true though...

:childplease: it's not true! Where would she go? Please don't talk about things you have no clue of, the only aspect where running away is involved in our culture is eloping. Kulaha rape victim is running to where exactly? Do you think she'll find a safe haven anywhere other than her family's?

What they did was, if there was a rape, the victim would be wed off to the rapist so people wouldn't say the family had an illegitimate child. And that's wrong. :camby:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending