SL plans to buy livestock for 10k fam

Status
Not open for further replies.

waraabe

Your superior

I have to say I don't support this because that money should be used for something other then livestock. Will they buy them livestock next year when there is another drought. That is stupid, the money should be given to people who want to start businesses (those who lost livestock) not for doing the same thing their failed to prepare.

Dhay Geel

"Aar kow Dheh"
That money should be spent on farming and farming equipment. We are supposed to move away from this nomadic lifestyle it's not sustainable.
:bell:

waraabe

Your superior
That money should be spent on farming and farming equipment. We are supposed to move away from this nomadic lifestyle it's not sustainable.
:bell:

I hope all aid is drastically reduced and stopped. I swear these people want to continue living off western taxpayers (who they call gaalo)

waraabe

Your superior
This is what happens when your country is run by low IQ geeljires. Have fun in next year's famine. I'm not contributing a penny next time.:manny:
no one should

wait till they start saying qabiil x got more goats then us

the Europeans faced things like the black death and 100 million dying in their 2 wars but they still managed.

They should build houses with that money, small cheap houses for the nomads. This is because the livestock will die anyway.

Also @Dhay Geel not all of Somaliland is arable. The areas which are arable, are already owned by a different clan. You're telling me a dhulbahante from sool will be allowed to come to Wajaale?

It's a difficult task but I think the government is right for now, once more money comes in from DP world, we can use it to end pastoralism, a new era must begin.

waraabe

Your superior
They should build houses with that money, small cheap houses for the nomads. This is because the livestock will die anyway.

Also @Dhay Geel not all of Somaliland is arable. The areas which are arable, are already owned by a different clan. You're telling me a dhulbahante from sool will be allowed to come to Wajaale?

It's a difficult task but I think the government is right for now, once more money comes in from DP world, we can use it to end pastoralism, a new era must begin.
this drought is the best condition to end pastoralism as huge amounts of livestock died. the gov shouldn't be doing this but giving these out as grants and loans for small start ups for those who lost livestock

this drought is the best condition to end pastoralism as huge amounts of livestock died. the gov shouldn't be doing this but giving these out as grants and loans for small start ups for those who lost livestock

These people lost their whole lifestyle and wealth. That have no money. It would cost the gov a lot more to rehouse, constantly provide food for them, and so on. Now is not the time.

xisaabiye

Ibnu Suxuufi Ibnu Al Dhoobe
You guys forgot that these people literally live off their livestock. A goat provides milk, curd & meat for a family. It's a good short term initiative.

I have to say I don't support this because that money should be used for something other then livestock. Will they buy them livestock next year when there is another drought.
This drought was an anomaly. The last one similar to this was about 40-50 years ago.

SomaliWadaniSoldier

Weeping for the Nation of 68
Interahamwe
VIP
Somalis are definetely imbeciles when u realize how rich our waters are.
Waqooyis and Koonfur should benefit from it.

With the right water management, fishery and also fair distribution of the food from agricultural regions we would be walking with fat bellies right now.
Hunger wouldnt be found in Somali dictionary.

Simodi

Chilling in Quljeed
Good. The droughts are devastating because of a lack of water management. In many places, the rain is pretty much wasted because they don't have anything to capture it with. The priority must be proper water management so that the livestock can prosper.

Gambar

VIP
That's not easy. Farming is virtually impossible in most of the country.
Like Israel, with whatever aid we are getting we must invest in agricultural technology because climate change is only making the droughts worse. Learn how to fish and learn how to farm. With a strong economy it is possible.

Somali nomads, xoolo dhaqato whatever must get over their kibir. Either learn how to farm and fish when the government invests in infrastructure, or be left behind. Kibirka ka badatay. When I went back home I had fish and my family with a nomadic background looked at it as "fakhri". Meanwhile nomads are starving! The mindset much change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts