Similarities Between Tigrinya and Arabic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apollo

VIP
Tigrinya should be the Lingua Franca of the Horn of Africa. Somalia should be teaching Tigrinya in students in the public schools as a Subject.

What a weird comment.

Amharic or Somali would be far better choices and since Somali is the older of the two, I'd say Somali.

What a weird comment.

Amharic or Somali would be far better choices and since Somali is the older of the two, I'd say Somali.

@Apollo

Without the Tigray People's Liberation Front under the mighty Meles Zenawe, today, Ethiopia would've been like Somalia and Somalia would've been under terrorists rule, I think these Tigrinyans are the most intelligent and the most far sighted Horn of Africans. I wouldn't mind their language to be chosen as the lingua franca of the horn. The Somali language hasn't been updated for 30 years and requires lots of catch-ups and that won't happen for decades to come. Amharic? Maybe.

What a weird comment.

You don't choose a language simply because it's older. It's clear that Amharic is more advanced than Af-Somali, since it has it's own unique script and has less foreign loan-words for many concepts/things.

Plus it's already the first & second language of millions of people in the HOA thanks to it being the official language of Ethiopia were the bulk of Horners live. Therefore, making it a more practical choice for a lingua-franca for the region.

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
You don't choose a language simply because it's older. It's clear that Amharic is more advanced than Af-Somali, since it has it's own unique script and has less foreign loan-words for many concepts/things.

Plus it's already the first & second language of millions of people in the HOA thanks to it being the official language of Ethiopia were the bulk of Horners live. Therefore, making it a more practical choice for a lingua-franca for the region.

What a retard. Somali is far better. All it needs is a proper committee to manage it. Spanish had a lot of Arabic but they threw out those words out. Same for Af Somali.

What a retard. Somali is far better. All it needs is a proper committee to manage it. Spanish had a lot of Arabic but they threw out those words out. Same for Af Somali.
Af-Somali is not a practical choice you delinquent donkey for the reasons i've stated before.

Amharic is the largest language in the HOA so naturally it'll become the lingua-franca, only a silly nationalist like you will oppose it.

Too much hate, they sound just fine.

Danish, Dutch, and Russian are truly ugly sounding languages.

Amharic sounds horrendous.

Have you heard Af-Garre? It sounds so beautiful compared to Af-Mahatiri. This girls is speaking it in the video. It actually sounds more Oromo than Somali.

Tukraq

VIP
@Apollo

Without the Tigray People's Liberation Front under the mighty Meles Zenawe, today, Ethiopia would've been like Somalia and Somalia would've been under terrorists rule, I think these Tigrinyans are the most intelligent and the most far sighted Horn of Africans. I wouldn't mind their language to be chosen as the lingua franca of the horn. The Somali language hasn't been updated for 30 years and requires lots of catch-ups and that won't happen for decades to come. Amharic? Maybe.
Maybe second after mjs

Molotoff

Supreme Bosniak Geeljire
VIP
Isn’t Tigrinya and Amharic the same?

I know a couple of Eritreans and they all speak Tigrinya. Mostly Orthodox, but some Catholics too. A Muslim here and there too.

Isn’t Tigrinya and Amharic the same?

I know a couple of Eritreans and they all speak Tigrinya. Mostly Orthodox, but some Catholics too. A Muslim here and there too.

Amharic is heavily Agew Cushitic influenced, while Tigrinya and Tigre and closer to the old Ge’ez language which sounds very Arabic. I think Tigre in Eritrea is the most beautiful of all the horn Semitic languages and closes to Arabic. It’s the closest language to the original ge’ez.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts