Signs of Hope: Reflections on Health Care In Somalia

Status
Not open for further replies.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
What are the statistics now with our infant mortality rate? I know the govt runs immunisation programs but that is only done after the child is born, it's best to needle shot them on a range of curable diseases before it strikes them later but this seems to be government run and however it appears it is 'sproadic' in timetable and not a permanent free service for every puntlander.

The real question is how many even successfully survive the birth process, I hope this is higher in Puntland then the shocking rates I used to see when I used to follow our health outcomes in Puntland. I stopped following it after 'sadiq enow' my osman maxamud comrad.

We need those kids born as they will be our future and put through our schooling system and give our region 'hope' to survive and in the future participate in our development.

What are the statistics now with our infant mortality rate? I know the govt runs immunisation programs but that is only done after the child is born, it's best to needle shot them on a range of curable diseases before it strikes them later but this seems to be government run and however it appears it is 'sproadic' in timetable and not a permanent free service for every puntlander.

The real question is how many even successfully survive the birth process, I hope this is higher in Puntland then the shocking rates I used to see when I used to follow our health outcomes in Puntland. I stopped following it after 'sadiq enow' my osman maxamud comrad.

We need those kids born as they will be our future and put through our schooling system and give our region 'hope' to survive and in the future participate in our development.
the mothers die a lot giving birth. My aunt, sister and other aunt died giving birth. Both aunts was very recent like 2 and 3 years ago

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
the mothers die a lot giving birth. My aunt, sister and other aunt died giving birth. Both aunts was very recent like 2 and 3 years ago

What is causing mothers to die? are they malnourished? can't c-section be done? what is the root cause of the high rates of mother death during pregnancy?

What is causing mothers to die? are they malnourished? can't c-section be done? what is the root cause of the high rates of mother death during pregnancy?
lack of nearby hospitals is the biggest case for somali women. But generally women who die in labor are because she got small hips(c section helps here) they have high blood pressure that can kill them. if they can't naturally give birth and no nearby hospital can do c section then she dies and the baby who is alive gets burried with her. Also some women bleed out. If they are circumsized even worse because the fircowni one shuts their vagina halfway so it has to be cut opened to give birth. i am not sure if somalis stopped doing that stupid dangerous gaal circumsition they learned from ethiopians and kenyans. I am against all female circumsition mainly because us guys get it done for hygiene reason and women don't have to worry about it because no skin is swallowing their whole vagina so no reason to cut them. I don't understand why they cut the clit which takes away pleasure. I however feel it is better to do the sunni one because it is not dangerous for the woman unlike the fircowni one which causes the women to bleed out giving birth or having sex.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.