Signs of fake/jealous friends

Discussion in 'General' started by Desert Flower, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Desert Flower

Desert Flower

Ratings:
    +1,149
    What are the signs of fake and/or jealous friends? My mom always tells me to be careful about the friends that I have, because she thinks they may have ill intent towards me. I know Moms are usually right about this, and tbh I have a nagging feeling that the people I’m surrounded with don’t have my best interests at heart, but I don’t have evidence to prove this. Any advice or tips?

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Jiron

Jiron

Ratings:
    +3,260
    This is a very complicated question, but ultimately u have to decide which categories they fit in 'associates' or 'friends'. Human social beings, so we need to hang out with people with similar interests to kill time or relax, I would consider this group associate. Now friends are people who would go to extreme lengths for u in times of need and vice verse and aren't afraid to check u when u are wrong. They are few and far between.

so ask urself, is the person only texting/calling u when ever they need something or do they call to ask how u are doing? are they getting u in negative or positive situations? can u see urself being friends with them 10, 20 years from now?

also, mothers are almost always right, please listen to them because their soothing voices is accompanied by wisdom and positive energy :)

• Like Like x 3
  3. AussieHustler

AussieHustler Incels need help not derision Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +11,648
    You know what desert flower, I got this friend, let’s call her @halwa and when she visits us and comes to our house, we cook her some nice food and my mom let’s her take some home. Whenever, I visit her house (you know, I only visit her once after she visits me twenty times), she runs to McDonalds and buys small chips for four of us to eat. I’m thinking of kicking her out and replacing her with @kickz at least, at kickz house, they eat cambuulo three times a day and it’s much healthier than chips from McDonalds. What do you think? I hope kickz doesn’t make me mad by borrowing my diracs and never returning them back washed like lazy and gaajo @A_A

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Desert Flower

Desert Flower

Ratings:
    +1,149
    My mom warns me all the time so maybe she’s seeing something that I’m not. I haven’t had anything personal happen to me in terms of getting sabotaged, but there are times that I feel like some of these people wouldn’t go out of there way to help me: they just do the bare minimum. Sometimes I feel like I can’t express my joy and happiness because I’m afraid of getting evil eye from some of my friends. I feel like I have to make my self smaller to make them feel good about their life choices, it’s exhausting. I find myself always watching what I say.

5. Halimo-2018

Halimo-2018

Ratings:
    +927
    It's kinda of petty to look for signs. If you know Allah has blessed in some things and your friend lacks in that department dont flaunt it too much around them Not that it means they're jealous they may not it just means you're thoughtful. I have an aunt who screams MashaAllah everytime you compliment her kids I dont know if she thinks people will give her kids evil eye or she's being paranoid lol dont be like her an at the point where I dont give compliments to her kids anymore because of this..It's natural to feel jealous of a friend or a family member it's about what they do with it. I dont walk around thinking my friends are jealous of me. Hell a lot of times I feel jealous but I would never harm them I just say MashaAllah and keep it moving and sometimes I use it to motivate me.I dont obsess over other people's lives too busy in mine.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
  6. Desert Flower

Desert Flower

Ratings:
    +1,149
    Good for you sis.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Halimo-2018

Halimo-2018

Ratings:
    +927
    Well am glad I can share my input. Best of luck to ya!

8. HalimaJ

HalimaJ

Ratings:
    +1,658
    As time goes by, everything reveals itself.

If your friends truly have ill intent towards you then you will find out pretty soon.

There is no point overthinking things in life. Just go with the flow and red flags will present itself.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mckenzie

Mckenzie

Ratings:
    +4,406
    The best way to detect a fake friend is to see their relationship with others. Do they only show love to people who can provide something for them? What are they like to ppl who can't do anything for them?

Often we can be biased to think bad of others because we have a perception that people would always be jealous of us. My advice would be to stay far away from developing an Ego.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  10. jamal9

jamal9

Ratings:
    +3,284
    just get a husband, forget about them friends. make babies, cook for your husband, enjoy life.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Marsin

Marsin

Ratings:
    +1,068
    Ive got this friend who i have known since 2009, his father is a hairdresser and he ended up the same after failing the school.
    My other friend is done with his studies and is today working and i’m still studying.

But what he used to tell me is that everytime he mentioned that he was about to hand over his bachelor thesis, this hairdresser (lets call him that) used to give him this lowkey hatred\jealous look and he of course noticed it.

He cut the contact with him and adviced me to do the same, because every time they talk he said, this hairdresser talks about why i "waste my time" studying, saying that i will fail and all that, and the hairdresser don’t even know that im getting this information.

He is basically jealous in all kinds of way, me getting girls, being tall, better body than he got, etc, etc..

He keeps calling me asking to hangout while knowing im busy with exams.

What you guys think? Should i cut the contact with this fool?:bell:

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Mckenzie

Mckenzie

Ratings:
    +4,406
    Hairdresser? Do you mean barber?

Jealousy in a man is f*cking ceeb. Tell the guy he needs to level up, go back to education and go to the gym. Maybe then he will have what he sees in others.

13. Marsin

Marsin

Ratings:
    +1,068
    He styles girls as well, telling me "he get girls out of it"

One time he said that what i study ( foreign diplomacy ) is bullshit, "living off peoples taxes, travelling off with people taxes" all kind of ridicolous claims.

I think his childhood was pretty hard on him, his father drinks a lot and used to beat his moms infront of him.

He forces himself to think that he is better than people, talks always hatred about other people who does better than him.

14. Mckenzie

Mckenzie

Ratings:
    +4,406
    Tell him hairdressing is BS and see what he says. Often people don't like being given the same treatment they give to others and he might reflect.

I had a friend who was like that btw. He grew up in a broken home, I felt bad for him too so i was nice to him but I realised I wasn't being fair on myself to stay around negative energy. He's a grown man that needs to work on his own problems.

Keep him at a healthy distance if you are genuine friends.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Marsin

Marsin

Ratings:
    +1,068
    I really appreciate that your telling me to keep him as a friend couse he is really a good hearted person but with bad energy like you said, he is trapped while seeing his closes friends making steps.

Sometimes i tell myself if im dumb nice to him, but like you said, im gonna go no mercy on him when he starts talking shit and see if he gets it, if not then he needs to move on.

• Like Like x 1
  16. A_A

A_A Islamic Fanfiction Writer

Ratings:
    +5,653
    I suggest u cut contact, also I’ve got a bad feeling about this friend of ours. Be careful in the future

• Like Like x 1
  17. Marsin

Marsin

Ratings:
    +1,068
    Thanks for the advice.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Basra

Basra Like Donald Trump, I like to be Spanked. VIP

Ratings:
    +14,356

Off the best, always assume your friends are against u. Period.

Trust but Verify.

19. nothingmatters

nothingmatters vanilla sky / choices David choices

Ratings:
    +67
    NO SUCH THING AS FRIENDS THEY EITHER FAMILY OR NOT and you must watch guard even with family trust no one but god and yourself family sometimes are the one doing the evil eye on you and people only become jealous when your winning but if your broke and loser no one cares about you but as soon as your making good money buying a house everyone starts chatting up your name moral of the story is if your successful everyone's jealous but if you are not you are like a old cum rag hanging in the wind DISGUSTING

20. jamal9

jamal9

Ratings:
    +3,284
    ramadan is around the corner. your dp is making go haaaaaaa. those watermelons r hmmmmm
    [​IMG]

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted