Justice for Shukri - Inquest ongoing

Marquis

Highly Respected
VIP

"Caraweelo Ali, 19, a student who was among hundreds who took part in a protest for Shukri in London last week, said: “Her death and the events surrounding it show that a black Muslim girl doesn’t matter. It has made us all question how refugees are treated in the UK.”

The name and her bringing up skin colour :francis:

"Caraweelo Ali, 19, a student who was among hundreds who took part in a protest for Shukri in London last week, said: “Her death and the events surrounding it show that a black Muslim girl doesn’t matter. It has made us all question how refugees are treated in the UK.”

The name and her bringing up skin colour :francis:
Dont bring that energy into this thread plz, its about the murder of a child.

Abulhassan

Critical thinking goes a long way.
As horrible of a tragedy as this is, I doubt anything will come of it. The UK politicans and police are cowards and they bow to the rich and wealthy with no regard to human life. If this had happened to a white uppe-middleclass girl there would be serious uproar and they would turn the whole governemnt upside down to find the culprid and punish them. Fucking cowards.

As horrible of a tragedy as this is, I doubt anything will come of it. The UK politicans and police are cowards and they bow to the rich and wealthy with no regard to human life. If this had happened to a white uppe-middleclass girl there would be serious uproar and they would turn the whole governemnt upside down to find the culprid and punish them. Fucking cowards.

They started investigating a week or two ago because of the public outcry and interest. I was wondering the other day about what they may have found. I don't see any updates so they obviously aren't at the stage where they are ready to talk to the media. Let's give it a couple more weeks and see what they have found.

4500.jpg

Bury drowning: claims of ‘less favourable’ police action spark inquiry

Watchdog to investigate whether police did not fully investigate Somali girl’s death because of ethnic background

An investigation has been launched into whether police treated the family of a 12-year-old Somali refugee who drowned “less favourably” because of their ethnic background.

Shukri Yahya Abdi drowned in the River Irwell in Bury, Greater Manchester, on 27 June.

On Thursday, the Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC) announced it had begun an investigation after a complaint about police actions following her death.

An IOPC spokeswoman said: “In July the force referred a complaint they had received about their actions; it alleged that officers failed to conduct an effective investigation and prematurely concluded that the death of Shukri Abdi was not suspicious.

“We carefully assessed this complaint and made the decision that it required an independent investigation.

“Part of the complaint investigation will look at whether officers treated Shukri Abdi’s family less favourably because of their ethnic background.”

Protest in Bury over death by drowning of 12-year-old Shukri Yahya Abdi

Shukri, who came to the UK from Somalia, was described by relatives as a “sweet, innocent child”.

She was reported missing by her mother just after 7.30pm on 27 June and a short time later police received a separate report that a girl had gone into the River Irwell and had not resurfaced. Underwater search teams later recovered her body from the river.

A separate investigation into her death by Greater Manchester police is continuing, the IOPC said.

The IOPC’s regional director, Amanda Rowe, said: “We have met with Shukri Abdi’s family to offer our condolences and discuss this investigation, and we will provide them with regular updates as our work progresses.

“The death of a child is so very difficult to comprehend, and I know this is felt across the local community and beyond. I am aware that the circumstances of Shukri’s death are a concern to many, not least because there are many unanswered questions about how she came to be in the River Irwell that day. That is a matter for Greater Manchester police and the coroner.”

After her death, police said there were no suspicious circumstances and warned people of the dangers of swimming in rivers, lakes and reservoirs in hot weather.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...h-police-face-inquiry-over-bury-drowning-case

Looks like what we all suspected has happened. The police has done a sham job. The school has practically tried to exonerate themselves for doing a poor job at protecting shukri from bullies.

As far as i am concerned, there is a case for the family to sue the school for not doing enough to protect shukri. I don't think nothing will come out of the watchdog investigations or manc police one. The case is not that important. It is just a 12 year old refugee girl coming from one of the most discriminated ethnic groups in the UK.

sigmund

JUSTICE FOR SHUKRI ABDI
VIP
Follow this woman for live update on Shukri Abdi inquest which begins today (monday) and end on Friday. May Allah bring justice to Shukri for once and for all

CampaignerMaz

sigmund

JUSTICE FOR SHUKRI ABDI
VIP
alhamdulilah inshallah she gets her justice. Just don't read the comments from any article since vile racists will spew their hatred. But i spoke with the woman who was at the inquest and she said things went well so there is a glimpse of hope

sigmund

JUSTICE FOR SHUKRI ABDI
VIP
two of the alleged culprits (two) boys were innocent and tried to help look for shukri the inquest hears.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
Unfortunately this will get political especially with the whole brexit thing happening at the same time.

AUN & wish the best for the family.

sigmund

JUSTICE FOR SHUKRI ABDI
VIP
The two boys who were with Shukri have been cleared from murder and has been falsely accused by mistake and tried to save shukri Abdi life and Shukri Abdi family thanked them fore there bravery. Inquest hears

sigmund

JUSTICE FOR SHUKRI ABDI
VIP
Good on the guardian, for following the inquest. This article is on the top of the page of the guardian website again. ilaahay khayr ha siiyo. The guardian is the most trusted newspaper brand in the UK guardian
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...-as-shukri-abdi-drowned-in-river-inquest-told
this has to be murder she threateened shukri to get in the river with her an dthe boys stated that she was not reluctent to get in the river and ignored her while she was drowning do you think this comes off as a murder case?

Trending