Was Siad Barre a Christian?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BetterDaysAhead

#JusticeForShukriAbdi #FreeYSL
VIP
AMY GOODMAN: And Siad Barre of Somalia?

JEFF SHARLET: Yeah, dictator of Somalia. It’s, to me, one of the scariest stories that I found in their archives. I was able to recreate this, because they dumped 600 boxes of papers in the Billy Graham archives. Siad Barre was a —- not a likely candidate for Christian right recruitment, called himself a Koranic Marxist. But in the early ’80s, the Soviets had abandoned him. There had been a power shift between Somalia and Ethiopia. He was in the market for a new patron. And working through Senator Chuck Grassley, Republican of Iowa, of course still in office -—

AMY GOODMAN: Talk more about Chuck Grassley, who certainly is in the news now, who, together with Max Baucus, heads the Senate Finance Committee.

JEFF SHARLET: Yeah.

AMY GOODMAN: Baucus, Democrat; Grassley, Republican. Very powerful figure, especially around healthcare right now.

JEFF SHARLET: Indeed. And Grassley has been involved with the organization for quite some time, since the ’80s, when he traveled to Somalia to join Barre, Siad Barre, in prayer to Jesus. And he brought with him a defense contractor named Bill Brehm.

And Barre was a kind of a cynical character, as you might expect for a dictator. He was very clear. He says, “I’m willing to pray to Jesus, and here’s what I want in return.” He says, “I want my defense budget doubled.” He says, “I want meetings for my officials with the Reagan White House. And I want a sort of a hands-off policy while I crack down on some rebels.” Doug Coe, the leader of the group, wrote back, in essence, “Done, done and done.”

And when we look at history, so it was. And Barre used those weapons, supplied to him in part by the US, to wage a war of almost biblical proportion on his own people, from which Somalia has not recovered to this day. The Family doesn’t consider that a failure; they consider that God’s will for Somalia.

Source: democracynow.org/2009/8/12/sharlet

Daacad90

Aspiring Buraanbur Artist.
Most likely yes, he killed a lot of islamic scholars and made many unislamic reforms nacalaa ku daacde. Take a close look somalis, this is what happens when you become 'secular' you become a genocidal maniac wal ciyadu bilah

Most likely yes, he killed a lot of islamic scholars and made many unislamic reforms nacalaa ku daacde. Take a close look somalis, this is what happens when you become 'secular' you become a genocidal maniac wal ciyadu bilah

atatürk was a secular(more like an atheist)but he never waged war on his own people.

Daacad90

Aspiring Buraanbur Artist.
atatürk was a secular(more like an atheist)but he never waged war on his own people.
And I am white.:ulyin: Do you have the slightest Idea what bloodshed took place in turkey? Do you really think ottomans embraced secularism with open arms?:mjlol:

AMY GOODMAN: And Siad Barre of Somalia?

JEFF SHARLET: Yeah, dictator of Somalia. It’s, to me, one of the scariest stories that I found in their archives. I was able to recreate this, because they dumped 600 boxes of papers in the Billy Graham archives. Siad Barre was a —- not a likely candidate for Christian right recruitment, called himself a Koranic Marxist. But in the early ’80s, the Soviets had abandoned him. There had been a power shift between Somalia and Ethiopia. He was in the market for a new patron. And working through Senator Chuck Grassley, Republican of Iowa, of course still in office -—

AMY GOODMAN: Talk more about Chuck Grassley, who certainly is in the news now, who, together with Max Baucus, heads the Senate Finance Committee.

JEFF SHARLET: Yeah.

AMY GOODMAN: Baucus, Democrat; Grassley, Republican. Very powerful figure, especially around healthcare right now.

JEFF SHARLET: Indeed. And Grassley has been involved with the organization for quite some time, since the ’80s, when he traveled to Somalia to join Barre, Siad Barre, in prayer to Jesus. And he brought with him a defense contractor named Bill Brehm.

And Barre was a kind of a cynical character, as you might expect for a dictator. He was very clear. He says, “I’m willing to pray to Jesus, and here’s what I want in return.” He says, “I want my defense budget doubled.” He says, “I want meetings for my officials with the Reagan White House. And I want a sort of a hands-off policy while I crack down on some rebels.” Doug Coe, the leader of the group, wrote back, in essence, “Done, done and done.”

And when we look at history, so it was. And Barre used those weapons, supplied to him in part by the US, to wage a war of almost biblical proportion on his own people, from which Somalia has not recovered to this day. The Family doesn’t consider that a failure; they consider that God’s will for Somalia.

RjHrKfy.jpg

Attachments

• 1600190361148.gif
    1600190361148.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 70
  • 1600190361191.gif
    1600190361191.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 72
  • 1600190361233.gif
    1600190361233.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 65
Satan Barre and the soviets were "allegedly" also behind the assassination of Ina Sharmarke. They approached several MJ men to do the killing for them and one idiot took the bait.

Go on netflix and watch the documentary on the Christian fundamentalist cult "The Family".
Siad Barre joined their cult.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending