Should we start worrying about a serious sectarian conflict?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maestro

Cultural revolution
People can easily notice a great divide and hatred building up between Sufis and Salafis in Somali communities around the world and back home.

I have been unfortunate enough to be born into a family where half are very Sufi and the other half is very Salafi. Usually back then the uncles and aunts used to just bad mouth each other and get a long most of the time but the past two years it has reached a very bad point where they don't even interact anymore and avoid each other. They don't pray on the same mosques anymore and are always trying to get the kids in the family to join their side.

This Mawlid was especially bad because I've witnessed a very angry argument erupt and most people taking sides with just a few calming people down.

and I know for sure this shit is not unique to my family and other people are aware of this because any video about dikri I search on YouTube gets many dislikes and takfiris bombard the comments.

These type of things are worrying because it's only a matter of time before these arguments turn into pushing and shoving.

The divide is very noticeable and outsiders like Saudis Iranis and Turks could easily exploit this and turn us into a permanent sectarian shithole like Iraq.

Very scary situation to think about :kanyehmm:

Khathead

tfw no habesha gf
There are more salafis than sufis how can you get rid of like atleast 60% of the population
where there's a will there's a way
hitler.jpg

Gambar

VIP
When did Somali people start becoming Salafi? Somalis never used to care much about other peoples deen, it was between you and God. What caused this extremism?

We must be careful when it comes to who we label a "salafi". Many Somali Sunnis follow the correct principles/teachings peacefully. Its the Khawarij(Takfiris), such as Al shabab that we need to be worried about and eradicate.

Last edited:

maestro

Cultural revolution
I don't take sides in family arguments but I do sympathize with the Sufis more.

Consider this, The reason we are almost 100% Muslim and the reason why all non Arab countries in the world are Muslim is because of Sufism. From China to Mali to Russia to Indonesia all of them accepted Islam BECAUSE of Sufi sheikhs being sent to these countries. No one would accept the Salafist preachings today back then because they are extremely unethical and hostile.

Even in the USA back before the Saudis started exporting their extremist ideology, a Sufi saint from Singapore I think?? Went to Pennsylvania and has gotten a following and converts from that specific town he was buried. His followers gained more followers and so on and now thousands are Muslim because of him. If Salafism has waited a century he would have made millions in the USA Muslim by now.

This takfirist ideology is very new and has put a huge dent on the Muslim communities worldwide. Now Islam isn't spreading as fast as before.

In the 1200-1900s it was spreading like wildfire all over Europe Asia and Africa entire countries that had 0 to do with Islam became 100% Muslim in just a hundred years.
Now it's stagnant and slow. Islam has a bad image and it's only growing by birth and it's all thanks to Salafism.

Sufism is the way not this extremist Islamic image ruining Salafi Saudi bs and im glad Turkey is trying to help revive Sufism in Mogadishu. There is also a general rise in Somali Sufis trying to reclaim their identity and proudly coming out and rallying on Maulid.

Bielsa

Free Wi-Fi > Free Palestine
VIP
Sufis are hippies who wanna sing Kumbaya. Salafis are 1 kool aid away from becoming jihadists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts