Should we create a diaspora investment funds for Somalia?

Hi, does anybody on this forum have an idea on how we could actually implement this. Donations for Somalis in Somali weather their from North, South, East or west. This would be crucial for Somalis back home, and their regular life would be much easier. Think if we could provide medical care and school for their children. I don’t know how this would start, but if take launch good for an example. https://www.launchgood.com/careers. They have help hundreds of Muslim. We could do the same but with Somalis back home. Please take this seriously and see if you could do something!

The Somali diaspora already sends $1.3 bn back to Somalia each year :5hcpspq:

That money is usually sent directly from families like my family sends money back home, but they would happily donate money to a organisation who provide help for all Somalis.

Somalis don't trust each other based on clan. Even diaspora residents. This plan won't work, sadly.

I am 100% sure it won’t work if all diaspora Somalis think like you do. I get your message, but if we were all to think like you nobody would ever accomplish anything

The Somali Caesar

King of Sarcasm• Location: Rent free in your head
VIP
I am 100% sure it won’t work if all diaspora Somalis think like you do. I get your message, but if we were all to think like you nobody would ever accomplish anything
@Apollo is actually right. Somalis are tribalistic in nature. Majority of Somalis diasporas invest in their tribal regions. You’re in the small minority in your views.

FYI @Apollo is one of the most respected neutral people you’ll find on SSpot.

Somalia itself receive millions if not billions in foreign aid and there’s no real significant improvements. I love our nation but it’s too corrupt to invest in. That’s my honest opinion :mjcry:

That’s the government. We all Know they can’t be trusted with money. But this idea doesn’t concern the government it’s for the people by the people. And the issue of clan related money management won’t be a problem. I for example couldn’t care less about clan if I am helping Somalis. And if we make the idea true. We could show that we don’t work based on clan.

@Apollo is actually right. Somalis are tribalistic in nature. Majority of Somalis diasporas invest in their tribal regions. You’re in the small minority. @Apollo is one the most respectful unbiased people you’ll find in SSpot
Sorry didn’t mean anything bad about you @Apollo. But @The Somali Caesar If that’s the case. Why can’t we the non triblists come together and show that we can help all Somalis? If us Somalis can’t help our own people just because of clan, who in their right mind would help us then?

The Somali Caesar

King of Sarcasm• Location: Rent free in your head
VIP
If that’s the case. Why can’t we the non triblists come together and show that we can help all Somalis? If us Somalis can’t help our own people just because of clan, who in their right mind would help us then?
The non tribals are a extremely small minority to truly make a significant difference. Unless that minority are mega rich billionaires . Even then one may ask how practical would it be. How would be implemented.

There’s many questions. Questions you probably don’t know the answer to. I admire your good intentions. But good intentions without realistic plans doesn’t go anywhere

The non tribals are a extremely small minority to truly make a significant difference. Unless that minority are mega rich billionaires . Even then one may ask how practical would it be. How would be implemented.

There’s many questions. Questions you probably don’t know the answer to. I admire your good intentions. But good intentions without realistic plans doesn’t go anywhere

You have to take into consideration that we aren’t just Somalis we are Somalis and Muslim. And if you look intohttps://www.launchgood.com/careers and see their accomplishments you will see that it isn’t impossible to do it. You don’t have to be a billionaire to start something good. If we can’t find enough Somalis we could always get help from non Somali Muslim brothers and sister. We could share the idea and ask moskees to help spread the word.

Hi, does anybody on this forum have an idea on how we could actually implement this. Donations for Somalis in Somali weather their from North, South, East or west. This would be crucial for Somalis back home, and their regular life would be much easier. Think if we could provide medical care and school for their children. I don’t know how this would start, but if take launch good for an example. https://www.launchgood.com/careers. They have help hundreds of Muslim. We could do the same but with Somalis back home. Please take this seriously and see if you could do something!

@Sheikh Kulkuli how are you even staff member if that’s your answer to a very serious suggestion on how we could help our people back home?
Aki you are not the first with that bright idea or the last.But Somalis are the most intrustworthy people.

I know this guy that used to embezzle money meant for the shroud of the dead person.I also know how somali build malls in Kenya from charity aids meant to build mosques and they would build the mall top part with the design of a mosque architectural design and send photos of it to the arab donors as being mosques.
There has been several gofund me frauds too.
So its that I have lost confidence in peope especially those I dont know personally.

J-Rasta

Inactivated
VIP
@Wind I believe that the issue stems from the countless obstructions that took place within the alleged Samaritans themselves, the so called humanitarians used this opportunity to decieve thousands of good intentioned people to their trust funds , I don't know how to say it but let us be subtle and put this way ,
eventually people are getting fucked over and shit is becoming so rampant.
Hence it shouldn't be surprising why there are mistrust among the community.
People have a right to know if their donations goes to their recipients , those that are in need , but we can clarify greed is strife among some individuals exploiting the necessity of others.
So do not take this personally , it's natural of us humans to use rational instincts to conclude wether this genuine or there are ulterior motives behind the plea , especially with how the world is becoming today , it shouldn't be surprising why everything being said are taken with a pinch of salt.

I would gladly support this cause and contribute to those in dire need but until then , I would have to fact check and get to the bottom of it before donating anything.

@SULTAN1 that's most likely remittance money and not actually equivalent to what this topic is about.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
Instead of an investment fund we should donate to a lobbying fund that pushes for rule of law, property rights and an environment fit for investment.

Just $1,000 from every diaspora member over 25 would raise over a billion dollars that would drown out any foreign influences that are behind the chaos in Somalia.

We could literally fund and protect thousands of competent politicians that could beat out the current warlords and puppets in charge today.

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
@Wind PM me and let’s get in contact. Others don’t believe in this but I do. I might have some good ideas on actually implementing this in a good way.

I’ll give you my socials.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Somalia itself receive millions if not billions in foreign aid and there’s no real significant improvements. I love our nation but it’s too corrupt to invest in. That’s my honest opinion

That money just lines the pockets of some corrupt Faraaxs, their Xalimos and their little Isniinos and Cabdis. I remember meeting a wealthy family in Dubai once and not long after meeting them my mother asked me if I remembered how well-off they seemed. Porsche Cayenne and a house in Jumeirah of all places. I said yes and she asked me where I figured the money came from. Couldn't guess correctly so she explained that they are scammers who open up an NGO and mess with the books so that most of the money goes to them and only peanuts go to the people back home it's supposed to go to. Wanted to murder the entire family after hearing that shit.

That money just lines the pockets of some corrupt Faraaxs, their Xalimos and their little Isniinos and Cabdis. I remember meeting a wealthy family in Dubai once and not long after meeting them my mother asked me if I remembered how well-off they seemed. Porsche Cayenne and a house in Jumeirah of all places. I said yes and she asked me where I figured the money came from. Couldn't guess correctly so she explained that they are scammers who open up an NGO and mess with the books so that most of the money goes to them and only peanuts go to the people back home it's supposed to go to. Wanted to murder the entire family after hearing that shit.
I wasn’t fully aware of the corrupt NGOs but you’re probably right. I was talking about the direct foreign aid by the International Community that goes to our corrupt government and corrupt politicians pockets :snoop: :mjcry: