Should the Somali language have been written in Arabic?

As I said before I don't see any resemble any between Osmanya, Ge`ez or latin but does kinda resemble Georgian script.
nah the script written out doesnt look like latin (because its pictographic) but multiple of the letters look like latin letters. some based on O, some on h, some on m, some on y.

reer

VIP
Borama_Alphabet_Chart.jpg

this is better. i rather this inspired by latin than anything close to amharic.

Borama_Alphabet_Chart.jpg

this is better. i rather this inspired by latin than anything close to amharic.
im still struggling to see the amharic similarities you're talking about. could you point them out? i fail to see an amharic inspired letter and, apart from it being pictogrpahic, any other similarities. borama is just far more up front with its latin inspiration and frankly it just looks like walmart latin from head to toe

i dont think the english language fully does justice to the depth of our consonants and vowels

for example caano- many whites and west african people cant pronounce the c and when they try its like aano. but in arabic the c is cayn which is the exact sound.

how about dhagax, instead of saying dh they say dagax, but to be fair theres no arabic equivelant for that either.

most vowels and consonants in our language are closely associated to arabic ones , and somali even used to be written in it so would it not make sense for somali to be written in it
When somali was written in arabic 99.5% of the population were illiterate. Arabic script has only 3 vowels اوي somali has 5 +5 of you add the vowel harmony. My solution would be to represent the vowel harmonies, with the umlaut and a few other diacritics for the long vowels and the tone.

So what if ppl know arabic those learn arabic to understand islam and Somalis ppl should make their own script just cuz ppl k ow arabic doesnt make it right tht somali script to eb arabic
It should only be somali script
And what u mean by complicated did arabs say when they made their script tht it was complicated lol
It can be very complicated still Somalis should make their own script
What is being somali and somali nations what is to be proud of somali
I think This proof Somalis arent smart and educated rather dumb and lazy to make their own things and no i dont support arabic
This why I hate being somali never do Somalis make their own thing whether be language script cloths culture country so on and on
the arabic script was made a long time ago and they didnt have any alternatives. Whats the point of making a new one and having everyone learn it when most of the population can already read arabic,

the arabic script was made a long time ago and they didnt have any alternatives. Whats the point of making a new one and having everyone learn it when most of the population can already read arabic,
Doesnt matter if they can read or write arabic somali ppl should make and learn their own script Its just soo lazy to adopt another group of peoples writting whilst saying ours is difficult or it takes long time

Also what u saying doesnt make sense since in the past Somalis didnt know how to speak arabic or write but they learn it how to read and write and speak in Arabic but they cant cannot make their own script and learn how to read and write cuz somali ppl learn arabic for quran and islam
This is doesnt make sense for not wanting your own script
Doesnt matter if somali ppl can read and write and speak ar ic doesnt make it right to use arabic script for somali language
The reason u gave was just excuse to take arabic script
Somali ppl would be hypacrit if they cant make their own and to learn how to read and write

What wrote doesnt make sense nor logic
So what if they can read arabic doesnt make right tht somali ppl cant make their own script

What wrote doesnt make sense nor logic
So what if they can read arabic doesnt make right tht somali ppl cant make their own script
Whats the point of spending time creating a whole new script, and then spending even more time and money educating the population how to read it. Most people especially adults are just gonna ignore it. Using arabic would be better because then no one would have to relearn anything

Also what u saying doesnt make sense since in the past Somalis didnt know how to speak arabic or write but they learn it how to read and write and speak in Arabic but they cant cannot make their own script and learn how to read and write cuz somali ppl learn arabic for quran and islam
This is doesnt make sense for not wanting your own script
Doesnt matter if somali ppl can read and write and speak ar ic doesnt make it right to use arabic script for somali language
The reason u gave was just excuse to take arabic script
Somali ppl would be hypacrit if they cant make their own and to learn how to read and write
My point is no one is gonna want to learn when the already have the latin script and can read arabic. Why would anyone learn a whole new one. But if we use arabic people already know it and it works with the somali language better

My point is no one is gonna want to learn when the already have the latin script and can read arabic. Why would anyone learn a whole new one. But if we use arabic people already know it and it works with the somali language better
They can learn it just like they learn it arabic and Latin
What u said doesnt make sense
Actually goverment can make ppl to learn
In schools so on and on everything
I think Somali script works better with somali language and not non somali script lol
Doesnt matter how much somali ppl know arabic and Latin script somali ppl can learn somali script just like they learn arabic and Latin script
Stop making exuse saying somali cant learn if they make their own script cuz they already know arabic and Latin tht doesnt make sense nor logic
Cuz in the past when Somalis ppl didnt know arabic and Latin script they learn why not somali ppl make their own script and learn it stop pushing non somali agenda

They Will learn the goverment have To to make ppl learn in schools work place economics so on and on

reer

VIP
They can learn it just like they learn it arabic and Latin
What u said doesnt make sense
Actually goverment can make ppl to learn
In schools so on and on everything
I think Somali script works better with somali language and not non somali script lol
Doesnt matter how much somali ppl know arabic and Latin script somali ppl can learn somali script just like they learn arabic and Latin script
Stop making exuse saying somali cant learn if they make their own script cuz they already know arabic and Latin tht doesnt make sense nor logic
Cuz in the past when Somalis ppl didnt know arabic and Latin script they learn why not somali ppl make their own script and learn it stop pushing non somali agenda
persian
urdu
punjabi
pashto
kurdish
uyghur
sindhi

all use modofied arabic scripts. where is the money to teach people a second script :snoop:

persian
urdu
punjabi
pashto
kurdish
uyghur
sindhi

all use modofied arabic scripts. where is the money to teach people a second script :snoop:
No thanks, we aint conquered people like those you have listed. I will stick to osmanya script since I can read and write.

reer

VIP
No thanks, we aint conquered people like those you have listed. I will stick to osmanya script since I can read and write.
so now its shameful to be ruled by the rashidin caliphate according to you? fyi those countries have less arab influence than somalia.

persian
urdu
punjabi
pashto
kurdish
uyghur
sindhi

What how is teaching ppl somali need money somali scholars can make somali script and teacher can teach in schools lol
If need money then how can somali ppl afforded latin and arabic script doesnt make sense having arabic and latin and not somali script lol

persian
urdu
punjabi
pashto
kurdish
uyghur
sindhi

Btw i dont care if those those ppl use arabic script
Somalis can learn it Somali script just like arabic and latin u cant say somali need money so tht they can make new script And learn when they learn arabic and latin for free lol tht is exuse

Trending