Should the Somali language have been written in Arabic?

if we used Arabic writting arabic loanwords would increase drastically. I there are 3 somali scripts that could be used. Before you know nobody knows real somali anymore. We need to stop seeking solutions outside of somalia for all our problems. This is embarrassing.

Making the entire country learn a script they cant read, instead of adopting the Arabic script which they already know and which has been used in Somalia for centuries is just not being realistic.
They can learn to read and write just like they learn arabic
Somali language and somali scripts should be official in somali there Manu Somalis tht know other language like English finnish norway other so on and just cuz they know doesnt make right tht those language and scripts to be made somali script and language

Making the entire country learn a script they cant read, instead of adopting the Arabic script which they already know and which has been used in Somalia for centuries is just not being realistic.
Why not i think Somalis In the past didnt know arabic language or script but they learn it the why not Somalis make their own script and learn it ur logic doesnt make sense
So whole Somalis didnt know arq ic but they somehow learn but they cant learn their own script cuz they cant write or read but they did learn arabic when they wouldn't write or read arabic lol

You should see the education system in Somalia... everything is in English. So weird since the majority can barely speak it or understand it.

For Somalis, Arabic is way easier for them to learn than English. Which is a given since Arabic is the first written language a child learns in dugsi, and it’s also closer to Somali making it easier for the population to understand.

What’s more pressing imo is changing the school/uni education system into Arabic or Somali text. Imagine a uni student studying books in English which he cannot for the life of him understand:vo3yidw:
Somali ppl should only make somali script education system school goverment economics
So on and kn eveything
No to arabic or english

At the beginning that might be the case. However if we teach primary school level children the script. Then high schools universities and night schools. Have people some sort of an app that translates latin somali into a somali script and have shop, streets buildings schools signs write both in latin and Somali script. Incentives businesses to write in this language and local councils. This will allow people to familiarize themselves with the language if they see it everywhere. Its just soo lazy to adopt another group of peoples writting whilst saying ours is difficult or it takes long time. Every people want to be unique and stand out and so should we.

if urdu and persian writing is a form of arabic, and us being more culturally closer to arabs it would make sense for us to express our language in arabic.
i guess when the official somali written language was created using roman alphabets, maybe it was a political bargaining tool to make us closer to the italians and europeans who use this system. ive noticed this trend particularly in colonised countries excluding the arabs, because arabic was way before and was characterized in the quran. ethiopia for example uses amharic which looks very unique and they havent been colonised.
there was nothing political about it. the reason most african countries use the latin script is because it was cheaper to incorporate. do you know why siad barre changed the special characters that were originally supposed to be in the latin somali script with double letters? because most of the typewriters and other machines somalia was getting through foreign aid were in english latin, i.e no special characters. if he went with arabic, osmanya etc. he wouldnt be able to capitalise on the foreign aid. its also why countries like vietnam also went with latin and why khazakstan is dropping cyrilic. in the current globalist world not using latin is simply more expensive

You should see the education system in Somalia... everything is in English. So weird since the majority can barely speak it or understand it.

For Somalis, Arabic is way easier for them to learn than English. Which is a given since Arabic is the first written language a child learns in dugsi, and it’s also closer to Somali making it easier for the population to understand.

What’s more pressing imo is changing the school/uni education system into Arabic or Somali text. Imagine a uni student studying books in English which he cannot for the life of him understand:vo3yidw:
Nope Somali is easier and simple along with the osmanya. Btw why should Somalia adopt a foreign language and foreign script over it native language and script. you dumb idiot.

reer

VIP
Nope Somali is easier and simple along with the osmanya. Btw why should Somalia adopt a foreign language and foreign script over it native language and script. you dumb idiot.
osmanya looks like walmart amharic we might aswell use the real thing. i rather arab writing than amharya gerara here.

osmanya looks like walmart amharic we might aswell use the real thing. i rather arab writing than amharya gerara here.
I cant see it mate. I see walmart latin letters but amharic? apart from being a pictographic alphabet, i cant see the resemblance

Osmanya does not even resemble latin or Amharic. Does Cyrillic, Armenian resemble Greek even though it came from Greek.
who are you fooling? osmanya has so many obviously latin-based letters that'd you'd have to be blind not to see them

I cant see it mate. I see walmart latin letters but amharic? apart from being a pictographic alphabet, i cant see the resemblance
There is no resemblance look and compare
1614972444028.png
:

1614972527841.png