Should the Somali language have been written in Arabic?

There is no Somali script you fool what are you rambling about :heh: somali is written in English bro at least research the ting
There is somali scripts and if there is not somali ppl should make their and not be lazy if Somalis cant make their script and take out those loan words then i think it is proof tht somali ppl arent smart but only dumb tht rely on other ppl whether money script language cloth culture
You the fool here u dumb you not smart

Al Muslim

الموت لامريكا الموت لإسرائيل
Then somali should make their own
Are u saying somali ppl cant make their own cuz somali ppl are dumb and not smart
I rather choose china or Japani script then arabic lol u and some of somali ppl only choose arabic script cuz allah revealed quran and islam arabic
Even u and some somali ppl Will say i ly arabic names are muslims names lol get ou with your hate out here
Dont be lazy and go make somali script if then then maybe somali ppl are bumd and not smart cuz somali ppl never made nothing language script cloths culture somali ppl only take from others ppl lol no wonder there is identitty cris
Lol even somali identitty isnt somali but only arabic and other ppl culture
And btw Somalis did make their own scripts but ppl like u dont want somali ppl to use but ppl like u want arabic cuz arabic is your hate somali script or even to try to make one like i said i rather choose china and Japan scripts then arabic script

Your writing is painful to read, it only takes 30 seconds to read it and check for errors. Aside from that you seem to have some hatred for Arabic, are you not Muslim? It is the language of the Quran and the most beautiful on earth, it is also the only script that most Somalis can read and write apart from English.

reer

VIP
Your writing is painful to read, it only takes 30 seconds to read it and check for errors. Aside from that you seem to have some hatred for Arabic, are you not Muslim? It is the language of the Quran and the most beautiful on earth, it is also the only script that most Somalis can read and write apart from English.
with af somali you need to show the 1st short vowel. for example qurx and qarx you understand inay yihiin qurux and qarax. long vowels and the vowels on the end are important.
other languages made a few changes to write vowels without shaqal hoosdhig kordhig etc. literacy would skyrocket because people wont need to learn to two scripts.

Al Muslim

with af somali you need to show the 1st short vowel. for example qurx and qarx you understand inay yihiin qurux and qarax. long vowels and the vowels on the end are important.
other languages made a few changes to write vowels without shaqal hoosdhig kordhig etc. literacy would skyrocket because people wont need to learn to two scripts.

I'm not sure if you're for or against it. Either way the Arabic script functions well for Somali and it far better than the latin script with its irregular spellings and colonial roots.

reer

VIP
I'm not sure if you're for or against it. Either way the Arabic script functions well for Somali and it far better than the latin script with its irregular spellings and colonial roots.
arabic is way better. we should switch and tell the arab league to give us some money. plus we can easily trade with more muslim countries closer to us.

What me being muslim has to with arabic script or arab ppl
So what tht allah revealed quran and islam arabic script and language tht doesnt mean i have To speak arabic language and use arabic script allah didnt say i have To adopt arabic script cuz allah revealed quran and isla. In arabic language and script
And no Somali language and script is beautiful without non somali scripts and words
This is why I do t support arabic language and script just cuz i am muslim doesnt make it right i have To abond my my language and script identitty
And so what if somali speak aravic and write it is cuz of islam and quran
Stop pushing arabs agenda and arabs identitty
Why cant somali make their own script and language lol
This is why I dont want to with arabs or so called muslim ummah cuz of this mentality tht everyone has to speak write act and be culture arabs cuz allah revealed quran and islam arabic
I dont want nothing to do with arabic language and script i have To only learn so i can understand quran and islam nothing Else i do t have To speak nor write nor make somali script
And i rather adopt china japan or any other scripts then arabic cuz why ppl like tht say oo Somalis ppl know learn arabic for quran and to understand and allah revealed quran and islam arabic so all ppl have To abond their language and script identitty culture somali muslim names
Stop with your agenda
Stop pushing this agenda
I dont have top speak nor write arabic cuz allah revealed quran and islam arabic
This is i dont want anything to. Do with Somalis tht say this and push this agenda

I dont hate no one but u hate somali language and script
Stop using this excuse tht everyone has to speak arabic and write using arabic script cuz allah revealed quran and islam arabic

Nah, I still think latin is suitable, although it looks like mumbling gibberish.

I hate the "oo", "ii", and "ee" words. It looks like a man undergoing a seizure.

To hell with Arabic, latin or any up foreign script. Do you see Ethiopians,Greeks, Georgians or even them Madows using latin alphabet to write their language. if you had heard of the N`ko script. Also I can read and write in osmanya script.

1614953446284.png

1614953496920.png

Al Muslim

I dont hate no one but u hate somali language and script
Stop using this excuse tht everyone has to speak arabic and write using arabic script cuz allah revealed quran and islam arabic

I never once implied that I hated Somali. I am simply saying the Arabic is the most practical and suitable script to write our language in. Osmanya would be nice but hardly anybody can read it, while most Somalis can both read and write in Arabic. In your original comment you said you would rather have chinese over Arabic, which clearly shows you have some kind of grudge against Arabic.

I never once implied that I hated Somali. I am simply saying the Arabic is the most practical and suitable script to write our language in. Osmanya would be nice but hardly anybody can read it, while most Somalis can both read and write in Arabic. In your original comment you said you would rather have chinese over Arabic, which clearly shows you have some kind of grudge against Arabic.
The reason i said tht is cuz i think some somali ppl make exuse say allah revealed quran and islam in arabic so we should adopt arabic script and language
And Somalis ppl can make their own script or use osmanya and somali ppl can learn and write if somali ppl make their own script or use osmanya just like Somalis ppl learn arabic language and script
They can learn osmanya script to write and read or some somali can ppl New script so somali can learn

Al Muslim

The reason i said tht is cuz i think some somali ppl make exuse say allah revealed quran and islam in arabic so we should adopt arabic script and language
And Somalis ppl can make their own script or use osmanya and somali ppl can learn and write if somali ppl make their own script or use osmanya just like Somalis ppl learn arabic language and script
They can learn osmanya script to write and read or some somali can ppl New script so somali can learn

Making the entire country learn a script they cant read, instead of adopting the Arabic script which they already know and which has been used in Somalia for centuries is just not being realistic.

You should see the education system in Somalia... everything is in English. So weird since the majority can barely speak it or understand it.

For Somalis, Arabic is way easier for them to learn than English. Which is a given since Arabic is the first written language a child learns in dugsi, and it’s also closer to Somali making it easier for the population to understand.

What’s more pressing imo is changing the school/uni education system into Arabic or Somali text. Imagine a uni student studying books in English which he cannot for the life of him understand:vo3yidw:

There is a faint resemblance, also I don't see a single character that is the same.
Of course there won’t exact letters that are the same, hence why it’s called imspiration. And besides the point, imagine texting like this
1614965169888.jpeg

vs amharic
503A47FD-AEDA-4416-9AFA-7E7F9083A2C6.jpeg

Osmanya is a curvier, lighter font but it’s a headache overall