Should Somalis in the Diaspora be mortgaging homes?

Should Somalis mortgage homes

• Total voters
Most pakistanis I know don’t indulge in riba, instead, the whole family put money together and slowly but surely buy homes for each brother. There’s a reason why cousin marriages is so prevalent in that community, it is to preserve property.

and secondly, most pakistanis came to Uk etc. in the 50s, 60s,70s as working people, my friends parents bought their home in london in 1970 for £20000, which is dirt cheap considering the market today. Somalis came post 1990 as refugees, most of them had minimal education etc.

and anyways, in the Quran we are clearly forbade from taking interest, if these so if these people are not following the commands of Allah, why do you want to indulge in a sin which is 36 times worse than zina.
A lot of Somalis have been in the UK, since the 80s. Up until the late 90s, many homes in London were £30,000-50,000 which is dirt cheap, even if you take inflation into account.

The issue is that our parents generation did not think they'd be in the West for as long as they did and they became a bit too comfortable living in council houses, whilst they built mansions back home for £30,000.

A lot of Somalis have been in the UK, since the 80s. Up until the late 90s, many homes in London were £30,000-50,000 which is dirt cheap, even if you take inflation into account.

The issue is that our parents generation did not think they'd be in the West for as long as they did and they became a bit too comfortable living in council houses, whilst they built mansions back home for £30,000.
Barely any somalis in the 80s, my mum came to UK in 89, and somalis only started coming to UK in 94/95. My mum was the only somali in her entire school, and the only somali in uni. Bare in mind this was west London, where most somalis are rn.

but yh, somalis did have slight opportunities to buy properties.

Barely any somalis in the 80s, my mum came to UK in 89, and somalis only started coming to UK in 94/95. My mum was the only somali in her entire school, and the only somali in uni. Bare in mind this was west London, where most somalis are rn.

but yh, somalis did have slight opportunities to buy properties.
Yeah, obviously most of them of them would not be at school or uni as they were adults fleeing the war who did most of their schooling back home. But there were a few. A lot of Somalis who are in their late 20s and early 30s were born in the UK, therefore their parents were in the country in the late 80s and early 90s. All of my siblings and myself included were born in the UK.