Should I go to Somaliland or stay in the UK?

Princefan

80s fan
I want to be an English teacher for 5-6 year olds. I can't become one here because my grades are too low to get into university. University in Somaliland is easy and I'll be able to get in with my Level 2 and 3 Childcare qualifications. But which place would be better for me?

Retake your exams and apply for uni, I would never want to teach the kids here and also teachers get paid bread crumbs in SL, don't do it

Princefan

80s fan
But I passed my level 3 Childcare course and I finished College in may
If you are ever going to go back home for a while, go back with your degree huuno
I'd never be able to become a teacher here. Plus I face discrimination, which I can't bear. Back there, I'd be able to enter uni and become a teacher when I finish uni. Plus I won't face discrimination there. But I don't know what to do. I've been unemployed for 2 months.

GemState

36/21
VIP
You honestly entertained the idea of switching London for Hargeisa for University? Don't be stupid, retake your qualifcations and try again

Prime Minister

Somali Promotion Agent
You should be able to get into university with level 3 take an access course which is 1 year and get into university.

You should be able to get into university with level 3 take an access course which is 1 year and get into university.

She's got do an access course plus retake her English and Maths GCSE's if she failed them before, anyway it's just one yr, she might as well just bang it out

Princefan

80s fan
She's got do an access course plus retake her English and Maths GCSE's if she failed them before, anyway it's just one yr, she might as well just bang it out
I passed both English and maths GCSE. But the grades are too low. I face grim discrimination here.

I want to be an English teacher for 5-6 year olds. I can't become one here because my grades are too low to get into university. University in Somaliland is easy and I'll be able to get in with my Level 2 and 3 Childcare qualifications. But which place would be better for me?

Take an access course for a year, you'll get a level3 or the equivalent for the GCSE subjects you fucked up. That's more than enough to get into most Polytechnic unis if you get decent grades, but not Red Brick or Russell group universities. Make sure the course you apply to at the polytechnic uni is accredited.

Get your degree, some experience under your belt and fucking bounce wallahi, you'll probably make decent money setting up your own private tuition business back home.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The shortest way to get to what you want is the longest way. Don't take shortcuts, it won't do you no favors.

Grind it out, retake those courses as many times as you need. Once you got your qualifications straightened out, teach for a year or two, then go for international opportunities.

Not trying to be harsh but not hacking in a place like UK and jumping to Somalia is a failure move. Rethink what you have to do. That shouldn’t even be an option.

Bronco

GEELJIRE WITH NO GEEL
Can't you do a foundation course and get into your desired programme that way?

Or consider becoming a teaching assistant. I don't think they require anything past level 3's.

I wear hijab and I face unbearable discrimination. A man spat on me and beat me up last month when I was boarding the bus.
Can’t you do a foundation year for your course? I would advise you to do your bachelors degree here in the UK then get some years of experience in UAE or even Dubai as English teachers over there are highly sought after especially if they’re Muslim speaking ones from the UK. Then eventually go to Somaliland.