Should I get married to control my natural desires?

I base this question on this hadith from Sahih Al Bukhari: 'Abdullaah ibn Masood said, "We were with the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) while we were young and had no wealth whatsoever. Allah's Messenger (peace and blessings be upon him) said, 'O young people! Whoever among you can marry, should marry because it helps him lower his gaze and guard his modesty (i.e. his private parts from committing illegal sexual intercourse etc.), and whoever is not able to marry, should fast, as fasting diminishes his sexual power.'" (Al-Bukhari: 5066).

The thing is, fasting doesn't do much for me in this regard, so in reality, I am left with one option: early marriage. What is your opinion?

if you have the wealth to support her, or she is willing to, how to put this, struggle with you [meaning, if you have food to share with her, clothing, etc, you can marry her inshaaAllaah], then marry for sure. Poor Muslims married in the time of the Prophet pbuh, and he approved of it.

if you have the wealth to support her, or she is willing to, how to put this, struggle with you [meaning, if you have food to share with her, clothing, etc, you can marry her inshaaAllaah], then marry for sure. Poor Muslims married in the time of the Prophet pbuh, and he approved of it.
This is what I hope for In Shaa Allah. It's hard to find young women who are willing to be patient alongside you though, women expect things from a man and it can be very frustrating.

This is what I hope for In Shaa Allah. It's hard to find young women who are willing to be patient alongside you though, women expect things from a man and it can be very frustrating.

I am in a similar position, trust me, I know the feeling akhi. InshaaAllaah, we should both, as well as others, make du'a, especially during the last part of the night, like 3-4 AM, and ask Allaah to make it easy for us, and no doubt, he will answer us as he said.
There are righteous sisters who would do it, if she sees you trying to be a good Muslim, and if you can feed, cloth, shelter her.

I would tell you to work on bettering yourself. Women and men aren’t created equal with how they are able to navigate this world. Women definitely have the upper hand within the sexual market but the peak starts to decline in the late 20s to early 30s. You have at least close to 10 years to work on bettering your chances and can choose from the best afterwards. Take this time to develop a skill or talent and women will be plentiful for your picking.

Yes however with marriage comes with many responsibilities. If you’re just marrying her only for Sex while neglecting your duties and responsibilities, the marriage will deteriorate and end up in divorce. Don’t just focus on intercourse, focus on the necessary things that make a marriage perfect.

Trending

Latest posts