SHOCKER: Ghanaian footballer playing in war-torn Somalia top-flight league

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SOMACOON

The craze of Ghanaian footballers plying their trade across the globe continues to exceed expectations with one citizen of the country shockingly found playing in the Somali top-flight.

The Somali Premier League, which is also known as Serie A, is one of Africa’s fast growing domestic football leagues with only ten teams participating in the championship.

A country which has had its fair share of wars in the past, football looks to be the uniting tool with over 20 foreigners having been registered for the 2015/2016 Somali Premier League.

Surprisingly out of the 20 foreigners playing in the country which has been ravaged by decades of war a one Ghanaian footballer plies his trade in the country.

This shows the desperate lengths Ghanaian footballers would go just to play abroad regardless of the possible dangers to be posed by the militant group Al Shabab.

soso.jpg

SC Heegan are the current champions of Somalian league but will face stiff competition from the likes of FC Sahafi and Gadiidka who have bolstered their squads with some internationals.

RED CORNER‏@J_Nenez
New Somalia football league season attracts 20 foreigners.
Kenya leads with 11 players,Nigeria 6,Uganda 2 and Ghana 1.Heegan are the champs.

Holy shit that's great news have no interest in Football but I'd like to watch them.

Which channels are broadcasting the league?

S

SOMACOON

Holy shit that's great news have no interest in Football but I'd like to watch them.

Which channels are broadcasting the league?
I don't even know sxb, the hommie linked me this on facebook. Thought it would be cool to share.

But lets be honest, them Ghanaian's didn't come to Muqdisho for football, they came for the Xalimos :damn:

I don't even know sxb, the hommie linked me this on facebook. Thought it would be cool to share.

But lets be honest, them Ghanaian's didn't come to Muqdisho for football, they came for the Xalimos :damn:
:gunsmiley::gunsmiley::gunsmiley::gunsmiley::gunsmiley:
They can't approach the Xalimos within ten feet without their clans on them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending