Shisha/hookah lounges

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Forfon

Am I the only one who finds it over rated??

People here in London would sit in some tiny hot box and smoke and stare at some unknown person opposite them.

:lawd::mindblown:

Why????

I

IntensiveCareUnit

lol lol it needs to die. theyre closing most shisha spots where im at

The shisha game in Toronto consists of well-dressed Somali youth sitting in a smoke-filled room while staring awkwardly at each other for hours.

Somali girls who are dressed in their best outfits and wearing 3 inches of makeup are sitting opposite of Somali guys who are also dressed in their best outfits; while neither of them has the courage to approach the other.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
The shisha game in Toronto consists of well-dressed Somali youth sitting in a smoke-filled room while staring awkwardly at each other for hours.

Somali girls who are dressed in their best outfits and wearing 3 inches of makeup are sitting opposite of Somali guys who are also dressed in their best outfits; while neither of them has the courage to approach the other.

Thank God Toronto is shutting that down. :nvjpqts:

Thank God Toronto is shutting that down. :nvjpqts:

Shisha has become the default social-experience of Somalis in Toronto. They go nowhere else. When it's a Friday or Saturday night, their first option is to go to a shisha lounge.

There is no variety at all in our social experiences. You won't see Somalis partaking in the hundreds of different social activities that exist in Toronto----something as basic as having a BBQ on the Toronto lakeshore is something you won't find any Somalis doing.

:idontlike: i read somewhere that one draw on a shisha pipe is the equivalent of smoking 100 cigarettes.

I think that's an exaggerated statistic. I read that sitting in a shisha lounge for 1 hour is equivalent to smoking like 10 cigarettes. Which is still a lot.

Sultana

On Hiatus
There are lots of Somalis that throw BBQs, even the ones straight out of high school. You need to meet more interesting Somalis.

There are lots of Somalis that throw BBQs, even the ones straight out of high school. You need to meet more interesting Somalis.

I didn't literally mean that. I meant that shisha---as a social activity---is the default activity of a LOT of Somalis in Toronto.

In a city like this---where there exists literally hundreds of different activities---shisha should not be your main choice at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts