Shipping to Mogadishu

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking for shipping to Mogadishu. I live in Edmonton, Canada and I have not been able find a solution. I used to supply a few businesses in Mogadishu with items I purchased online. In the beginning I relied on people traveling to Mogadishu to take items for me. I no longer do this because they would change their minds last second and say they can't take my stuff because they no longer have space in their bags.

The items I want to send are primarily electronics and kitchen supplies. My shipments weigh between 2 - 10kg. The shipping companies/freight forwarders I have contacted in the past cannot ship to Somalia and/or are unable to accept my items due to my low volumes.

I have contacted the only international couriers that ship to Somalia (DHL and Aramex) but they both were unable to ship my things for several reasons, one of them being that they are not allowed to ship battery powered electronics to Somalia from Canada.

The only hope I have so far is a Kenya based cargo agency, ShardiExpress, that said they would send my stuff to Mogadishu for $3/kg if I can ship my items to them first in Nairobi. I don't know how trustworthy they are so I might ship them something small to them to see how it goes.

If you know of any shipping agencies in the US/Canada that can ship small parcels to Mogadishu please let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts