Sheikh Hamza Yusuf Supports Secularism

Status
Not open for further replies.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I didn't know this sheikh supported secularism. May the secular mujahideen rise up and re-take the faith from these scoundrels who are trying to convince us we must not generate new logic,, ideas, thoughts because this is 'bid'ah'. They want us basically not to progress as a society.

Like I said we are going to have to speak to these shababis on what islam actually does delve into which is 'morality' and 'legal system', there really isn't anything else Islam speaks on and as the sheikh said these things are going to be debated.

For example morality is quickly refuted with free will, If we enact laws that restrict certain moral behaviors, we have also restricted free will which will impact on the whole purpose of religion which is to allow people to 'choose'. If things are banned then there is no option to choose anymore so what's the point of the test.

The real world should be like this. Goodness on one side and Evil on another side and people exercising their free will to decide and choose which they take. It's been like that since day 1. Allah put the good and bad together, that's why satan was guaranteed freedom till day of judgment. The moment things are banned you lose the purpose of testing which is the whole point of islam!!!

That is why you can't ban religion and you can't ban disbelief, you must allow both to co-exist mutually and the people decide what to follow using their own free will!!!

Last edited:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
He used to be a Salafi who advocated Sharia, but with Allah's guidance now the sheikh favors a secular political system:

What's your views on the Islamic legal system and it's place within the state?. I mean we clearly see some things are not practised anymore like slavery. But I am open to polygamy, I don't think we should ban it as long the person can support the women and it is 'consentual' and not forced. It will be hard to convince anyone to allow gay people to have relationship because they are exercising their free will yet deny polygamous marriage which is exactly the same and consentual and not harming anyone else!!!

I am not willing to negotiate on equality for all men and women in all spectrum of society, if Allah looks at men and women equally when judging them in judgement day based on their deeds, why aren't we also judging women and men equally based on their deeds and results!!! What's your views on this crucial matter of gender equality!!!

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Dr Bidaar. I am willing to negiotate with islamists. I am willing to adopt a system like malaysia or turkey, where they can enact their religious laws to those who want to access it, but the moment someone doesn't want to access it anymore, then it is the secular laws that will be mandatory to all citizens.

This protects their freedom to enact religious laws on people who exercising their free will decide to use it while also allowing those who do not want that system they will fall under the secular laws.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
This is me and Bidaar Wanagsan and madmullah and xoosh and archbishop of atheism on the run from the loonie shababi cognissance and inquistive!!!!

I just love the way the two of these guys body expressions look :russ:

3321ac2.jpg

What's your views on the Islamic legal system and it's place within the state?. I mean we clearly see some things are not practised anymore like slavery. But I am open to polygamy, I don't think we should ban it as long the person can support the women and it is 'consentual' and not forced. It will be hard to convince anyone to allow gay people to have relationship because they are exercising their free will yet deny polygamous marriage which is exactly the same and consentual and not harming anyone else!!!

I am not willing to negotiate on equality for all men and women in all spectrum of society, if Allah looks at men and women equally when judging them in judgement day based on their deeds, why aren't we also judging women and men equally based on their deeds and results!!! What's your views on this crucial matter of gender equality!!!
Islamic law is beautiful because Allah's shariah is secularism. This is what the Ottoman caliphate said during the tanzimat reforms.

Some things in the Noble Quran are time bound and not for all ages. For example the Quran says in Surah 8 verse 60 that Muslims should prepare "horses of war" against the enemies of Islam, but today wars are not fought with horses. They are fought with fighter jets and tanks. Yet Allah commanded us to use horses. It's no different from any other command like avoiding zina. If we take a literal approach we have to insist that Muslims should only fight with horses, and therefore lose. But that's irrational. Instead we have to say that some commands were meant were meant only for certain historical epochs.

Likewise, when the Quran says cut off the hands of thieves, that is because amputation was the punishment of the time among the Arabs. They did not have a criminal justice system with trial by jury, defence lawyers, the right to appeal, and prisons. They were desert people who lacked the infrastructure for it. They had rough justice. Amputations and floggings were pre-Islamic customs. Allah did not invent it. If the Quran was revealed today, it would not talk about floggings, it would talk about jail sentences and community orders. Instead of horses of war, it would talk about F-16s and helicopter gunships.

Some aspects of the Quran are eternal, but some are specific to certain historical epochs.

bidar wanaagsan why are you insulting shiekh hamza yusuf?
he was never a salafi? do you even know what salafi means?

he was educated in mauritania under a tradtional shiekh , then in sharjah under a malaki shiekh.

shiekh hamza is the perfect example of a traditional muslim scholar..

go back in time 100 even 1000 years and most of them will be like him.

salafis are modern, they are modernists
they are strange and new..

bidar wanaagsan why are you insulting shiekh hamza yusuf?
he was never a salafi? do you even know what salafi means?

he was educated in mauritania under a tradtional shiekh , then in sharjah under a malaki shiekh.

shiekh hamza is the perfect example of a traditional muslim scholar..

go back in time 100 even 1000 years and most of them will be like him.

salafis are modern, they are modernists
they are strange and new..
He used to make radical speeches in his thirties. It was off the wall conspiracy theories. But now he chills with Chris Hedges and minds his manners.

We've all been through it. It's hard to find a masjid that is not bankrolled by the Saudis. Their fitna is everywhere.

He used to make radical speeches in his thirties. It was off the wall conspiracy theories. But now he chills with Chris Hedges and minds his manners.

We've all been through it. It's hard to find a masjid that is not bankrolled by the Saudis. Their fitna is everywhere.

radical conspiracy theories?
i fully agree with them, they are not theories but fact..
and he has never recanted them..

but yes im also cool with athiests and agnostics
there is freedom of belief afterall..

and gods loves all.

radical conspiracy theories?
i fully agree with them, they are not theories but fact..
and he has never recanted them..

but yes im also cool with athiests and agnostics
there is freedom of belief afterall..

and gods loves all.
Sheikh Hamza has distanced himself from the Alex Jones school of political science. It was just the youthful exuberance to which all flesh is prey to. Now he talks more about wealth inequality, climate change, and other Chomskyan causes.

Conspiracy nuts are the bane of Islam warya. I bet you're a 9/11 truther who bangs on about the Holohoax too. Jeez.

you shouldnt be surprised if you meet athiests/agonstics even pagans in hevean.
god has infinite mercy and compasion afterall beyond human understanding.

he says is all the time, repeats it in every sura of the quran.

Finally, muslims are getting the message like the western governments.
We've been saying this shit for ages, but the fanatics have $$$ behind them. Most Muslim countries were modernizing till 1979. Two great events undid us: the Shah fell and the Afghan communists were defeated by US backed theocrats. Been downhill ever since. It's hard to believe Iran and Afghanistan were aggressively secular today.

Sheikh Hamza has distanced himself from the Alex Jones school of political science. It was just the youthful exuberance to which all flesh is prey to. Now he talks more about wealth inequality, climate change, and other Chomskyan causes.

Conspiracy nuts are the bane of Islam warya. I bet you're a 9/11 truther who bangs on about the Holohoax too. Jeez.

hell yeah i am a 9/11 truther and i know the holocaust is exaggerated.
look at all the newspaper articles and books written in the 50's and early 60's back then it was public knowledge that the holocaust killed less than 1 million jews.. some how 6 million jews and a total of 10 million dead in concentration camps became sort of a religion.

i think there was even a british historian who was jailed for his research .

you shouldnt be surprised if you meet athiests/agonstics even pagans in hevean.
god has infinite mercy and compasion afterall beyond human understanding.

he says is all the time, repeats it in every sura of the quran.
The Quran says some Christians, Jews, and Sabeans are going to jannah. So why not other religions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts